Abhishek Manu Singhvi elected to RS
Jaipur: Congress leaders Abhishek Manu
Singhvi and Narendra Budania and BJP`s Bhupendra Yadav were Thurswday elected unopposed to the Rajya Sabha.
The three were in fray for as many seats from the state so polling was not required.
After the deadline for withdrawal of nomination papers
was over, the returning officer Krishna Murari Gupta informed
the election commission that the candidates stand elected.
Whereas the Congress re-nominated its sitting RS MPs (Singhvi and Budania), the BJP decided to replace its MP
Ramdas Agrawal with Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Suicide bomber kills at least 20 recruits in Yemen
- Watch: Launch of India's first indigenous reusable space shuttle from Sriharikota!
- Naseeruddin Shah wants to write tell-all book on Bollywood
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, Mi 5 open sale to begin at 2 pm on May 25
- Beware! Your bread may cause cancer - Chemicals found in pizzas, burgers of seven Delhi fast food outlets