Abhishek Manu Singhvi elected to RS
Jaipur: Congress leaders Abhishek Manu
Singhvi and Narendra Budania and BJP`s Bhupendra Yadav were Thurswday elected unopposed to the Rajya Sabha.
The three were in fray for as many seats from the state so polling was not required.
After the deadline for withdrawal of nomination papers
was over, the returning officer Krishna Murari Gupta informed
the election commission that the candidates stand elected.
Whereas the Congress re-nominated its sitting RS MPs (Singhvi and Budania), the BJP decided to replace its MP
Ramdas Agrawal with Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list