Abu Jundal sent to judicial custody till October 8
New Delhi: A court in Delhi on Thursday sent terror suspect and 26/11 handler Abu Jundal to judicial custody till October 08.
Jundal was produced before Tees Hazari court in Delhi in a case of conspiring to carry out terror attacks in India.
Sending Jundal to Tihar Jail, Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (CMM) Vidya Parkash directed jail authorities to present him in two different courts on October 08 and October 12.
The National Investigation Agency told the court that Jundal was required to be present in a special NIA court on October 08.
The CMM`s court had on September 28 issued a fresh warrant for Jundal for October 12.
Jundal was brought before the court by Maharashtra Police, who told court that he was not required for investigations in their state anymore.
NIA had filed an FIR on June 08 against Jundal and his accomplice Fayyaz Kagzi for being part of a terror organisation and conspiring to organise explosives for certain LeT and IM operatives to carry out terror attacks in Mumbai and Delhi.
Jundal is booked by Maharashtra Police in the 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case, the 26/11 Mumbai mayhem and attack on Nashik Police Academy while he is yet to be arrested in the Pune German bakery blast case.
In the 26/11 case, Jundal is alleged to have been present in the control room in Pakistan from where directions were given to terrorists to carry out dare devil attacks in Mumbai.
He is also alleged to have taught Hindi to terrorists including Ajmal Kasab, who has been sentenced to death by the trial court for his role in the Mumbai terror attacks.
In Delhi, Jundal is wanted in the Jama Masjid blast case. He has been booked for using a fake passport and fake currency. He is also charged with criminal conspiracy and other offences under provisions of Explosive Substances Act, Unlawful Activities Prevention Act, Passport Act and Arms Act.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch