Abu Jundal sent to judicial custody till October 8
New Delhi: A court in Delhi on Thursday sent terror suspect and 26/11 handler Abu Jundal to judicial custody till October 08.
Jundal was produced before Tees Hazari court in Delhi in a case of conspiring to carry out terror attacks in India.
Sending Jundal to Tihar Jail, Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (CMM) Vidya Parkash directed jail authorities to present him in two different courts on October 08 and October 12.
The National Investigation Agency told the court that Jundal was required to be present in a special NIA court on October 08.
The CMM`s court had on September 28 issued a fresh warrant for Jundal for October 12.
Jundal was brought before the court by Maharashtra Police, who told court that he was not required for investigations in their state anymore.
NIA had filed an FIR on June 08 against Jundal and his accomplice Fayyaz Kagzi for being part of a terror organisation and conspiring to organise explosives for certain LeT and IM operatives to carry out terror attacks in Mumbai and Delhi.
Jundal is booked by Maharashtra Police in the 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case, the 26/11 Mumbai mayhem and attack on Nashik Police Academy while he is yet to be arrested in the Pune German bakery blast case.
In the 26/11 case, Jundal is alleged to have been present in the control room in Pakistan from where directions were given to terrorists to carry out dare devil attacks in Mumbai.
He is also alleged to have taught Hindi to terrorists including Ajmal Kasab, who has been sentenced to death by the trial court for his role in the Mumbai terror attacks.
In Delhi, Jundal is wanted in the Jama Masjid blast case. He has been booked for using a fake passport and fake currency. He is also charged with criminal conspiracy and other offences under provisions of Explosive Substances Act, Unlawful Activities Prevention Act, Passport Act and Arms Act.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional