Abu Jundal sent to judicial custody till October 8
New Delhi: A court in Delhi on Thursday sent terror suspect and 26/11 handler Abu Jundal to judicial custody till October 08.
Jundal was produced before Tees Hazari court in Delhi in a case of conspiring to carry out terror attacks in India.
Sending Jundal to Tihar Jail, Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (CMM) Vidya Parkash directed jail authorities to present him in two different courts on October 08 and October 12.
The National Investigation Agency told the court that Jundal was required to be present in a special NIA court on October 08.
The CMM`s court had on September 28 issued a fresh warrant for Jundal for October 12.
Jundal was brought before the court by Maharashtra Police, who told court that he was not required for investigations in their state anymore.
NIA had filed an FIR on June 08 against Jundal and his accomplice Fayyaz Kagzi for being part of a terror organisation and conspiring to organise explosives for certain LeT and IM operatives to carry out terror attacks in Mumbai and Delhi.
Jundal is booked by Maharashtra Police in the 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case, the 26/11 Mumbai mayhem and attack on Nashik Police Academy while he is yet to be arrested in the Pune German bakery blast case.
In the 26/11 case, Jundal is alleged to have been present in the control room in Pakistan from where directions were given to terrorists to carry out dare devil attacks in Mumbai.
He is also alleged to have taught Hindi to terrorists including Ajmal Kasab, who has been sentenced to death by the trial court for his role in the Mumbai terror attacks.
In Delhi, Jundal is wanted in the Jama Masjid blast case. He has been booked for using a fake passport and fake currency. He is also charged with criminal conspiracy and other offences under provisions of Explosive Substances Act, Unlawful Activities Prevention Act, Passport Act and Arms Act.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre