ABVP stages protest outside Bansal residences in Delhi, Chandigarh
New Delhi/Chandigarh: Activists of BJP`s student wing on Sunday protested outside Railway Minister PK Bansal`s residences in Delhi and Chandigarh and demanded his resignation in the wake of the arrest of his nephew for allegedly taking bribe to get a plum posting for an official.
Heavy police deployment had been made at both the places.
Police used lathicharge to disperse protesting ABVP activists outside his house in Chandigarh and rounded two of them.
The ABVP activists were marching towards the residence of Bansal when police used mild force to disperse them, officials said.
About 10 protesters reached Bansal`s residence on Ashoka Road in the national capital around 5 PM and shouted slogans asking him to step down.
"Corrupt Bansal, give your resignation," they shouted. Bansal was not at home when the protest took place.
ABVP protesters were prevented from going upto the gate of Bansal`s residence. Delhi police were prepared for a protest with water canons and other equipment.
The protesters were taken into custody and frisked away in a bus by the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof