ABVP stages protest outside Bansal residences in Delhi, Chandigarh
New Delhi/Chandigarh: Activists of BJP`s student wing on Sunday protested outside Railway Minister PK Bansal`s residences in Delhi and Chandigarh and demanded his resignation in the wake of the arrest of his nephew for allegedly taking bribe to get a plum posting for an official.
Heavy police deployment had been made at both the places.
Police used lathicharge to disperse protesting ABVP activists outside his house in Chandigarh and rounded two of them.
The ABVP activists were marching towards the residence of Bansal when police used mild force to disperse them, officials said.
About 10 protesters reached Bansal`s residence on Ashoka Road in the national capital around 5 PM and shouted slogans asking him to step down.
"Corrupt Bansal, give your resignation," they shouted. Bansal was not at home when the protest took place.
ABVP protesters were prevented from going upto the gate of Bansal`s residence. Delhi police were prepared for a protest with water canons and other equipment.
The protesters were taken into custody and frisked away in a bus by the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police