ABVP stages protest outside Bansal residences in Delhi, Chandigarh
New Delhi/Chandigarh: Activists of BJP`s student wing on Sunday protested outside Railway Minister PK Bansal`s residences in Delhi and Chandigarh and demanded his resignation in the wake of the arrest of his nephew for allegedly taking bribe to get a plum posting for an official.
Heavy police deployment had been made at both the places.
Police used lathicharge to disperse protesting ABVP activists outside his house in Chandigarh and rounded two of them.
The ABVP activists were marching towards the residence of Bansal when police used mild force to disperse them, officials said.
About 10 protesters reached Bansal`s residence on Ashoka Road in the national capital around 5 PM and shouted slogans asking him to step down.
"Corrupt Bansal, give your resignation," they shouted. Bansal was not at home when the protest took place.
ABVP protesters were prevented from going upto the gate of Bansal`s residence. Delhi police were prepared for a protest with water canons and other equipment.
The protesters were taken into custody and frisked away in a bus by the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing