Advani gets front row seat after Tiwari nudge
New Delhi: NDA Working Chairman LK Advani on Saturday moved from one row to another before he was finally seated in the front row at the swearing-in ceremony of Vice President Hamid Ansari at the Rashtrapati Bhawan.
When Advani arrived in the ornate Ashoka Hall of the presidential palace before the swearing in began, he was offered a seat in the fourth row in which leaders including MPs Shivanand Tiwari (JD-U) and Derek O`Brien (TMC) were sitting.
"Seeing this, I expresssed my annoyance that why a senior leader like Advani is being seated in the fourth row," Tiwari told PTI.
Advani was then asked to take an aisle seat in the third row, which he did without any fuss.
However, the matter had by then come to the notice of Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanasamy, who then requested Advani to take a seat in the first row next to the Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj.
Leader of the Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley was also seated in the first row.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...