Advani is my role model in integrity and uprightness: Parrikar
Panaji: Senior BJP leader and Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Tuesday claimed that LK Advani has been his role model for "integrity and uprightness," and media has been wrongly pitting him against the party veteran.
"I personally feel that Advani ji should continue giving us blessings and guiding the party even after NDA gets in power. He has a very high morale. My role model is Advani ji in integrity and uprightness," Parrikar told a group of reporters at Porvorim, near here today.
Parrikar said that he has been unnecessarily pitted against Advani by media by twisting the statements.
"When I made a statement about retirement age of politicians, my statement was twisted. One should sit with cool mind and listen to my entire interview, before jumping to conclusion," he said, referring to his recent interview to a national channel.
He insisted that Advani should not withdraw himself from the position that he is on right now.
"Advani ji is convenor of NDA. He is on a top most position. He should not withdraw from there," Parrikar said.
Advani had yesterday resigned from all party posts.
The Chief Minister said that he wants Advani to reconsider his decision.
When asked whether he would persuade him to withdraw resignation, Parrikar said, "I am too small a leader for that job. Whatever leaders in Delhi had to do, they have done."
He also refused to comment on the resignation episode saying that "he can`t talk about a person who is two-three ladders above him in the party."
Parrikar had courted controversy twice earlier, once when he described Advani as "rancid pickle," and the second count when he had said that the politician once he touches 65 years of age, should retire from politics.
"My comments (about retirement) were in general. I mean to say that the electoral person who is in public life should take review of his health when he is 65," he clarified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!