Advani is my role model in integrity and uprightness: Parrikar
Panaji: Senior BJP leader and Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Tuesday claimed that LK Advani has been his role model for "integrity and uprightness," and media has been wrongly pitting him against the party veteran.
"I personally feel that Advani ji should continue giving us blessings and guiding the party even after NDA gets in power. He has a very high morale. My role model is Advani ji in integrity and uprightness," Parrikar told a group of reporters at Porvorim, near here today.
Parrikar said that he has been unnecessarily pitted against Advani by media by twisting the statements.
"When I made a statement about retirement age of politicians, my statement was twisted. One should sit with cool mind and listen to my entire interview, before jumping to conclusion," he said, referring to his recent interview to a national channel.
He insisted that Advani should not withdraw himself from the position that he is on right now.
"Advani ji is convenor of NDA. He is on a top most position. He should not withdraw from there," Parrikar said.
Advani had yesterday resigned from all party posts.
The Chief Minister said that he wants Advani to reconsider his decision.
When asked whether he would persuade him to withdraw resignation, Parrikar said, "I am too small a leader for that job. Whatever leaders in Delhi had to do, they have done."
He also refused to comment on the resignation episode saying that "he can`t talk about a person who is two-three ladders above him in the party."
Parrikar had courted controversy twice earlier, once when he described Advani as "rancid pickle," and the second count when he had said that the politician once he touches 65 years of age, should retire from politics.
"My comments (about retirement) were in general. I mean to say that the electoral person who is in public life should take review of his health when he is 65," he clarified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?