Advani quitting not good for NDA: JD-U
New Delhi: Terming the resignation of LK Advani from all top BJP posts as a "serious issue" and "not good for NDA`s health," Janata Dal (United) president Sharad Yadav on Monday said his party, which is an ally of the NDA, will meet to discuss the matter.
"I am deeply saddened by the resignation of Advaniji... NDA was forged with the efforts of Atalji and Advaniji. He (Advani) is also the working president and Atalji (Atal Bihari Vajpayee) is not keeping well.
"So his (Advani) resignation in my opinion is a serious issue and we will convene our own party meeting to discuss the matter...Advanji`s resignation is not good for NDA`s health," said Yadav, who is also the convenor of the NDA.
Advani, one of the founding member of BJP, resigned from the party Parliamentary Board, Election Committee and National Executive, apparently opposing the elevation of his one-time protege Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as election campaign committee chief.
Objecting to some of the statements made at the BJP`s Goa meet, the JD(U) leader said some of the remarks were beyond the realm of NDA agenda.
The stand of JD(U) on the issue is crucial for BJP after the rift in the party became wide open with Advani quitting key posts in the organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read