Advani quitting not good for NDA: JD-U
New Delhi: Terming the resignation of LK Advani from all top BJP posts as a "serious issue" and "not good for NDA`s health," Janata Dal (United) president Sharad Yadav on Monday said his party, which is an ally of the NDA, will meet to discuss the matter.
"I am deeply saddened by the resignation of Advaniji... NDA was forged with the efforts of Atalji and Advaniji. He (Advani) is also the working president and Atalji (Atal Bihari Vajpayee) is not keeping well.
"So his (Advani) resignation in my opinion is a serious issue and we will convene our own party meeting to discuss the matter...Advanji`s resignation is not good for NDA`s health," said Yadav, who is also the convenor of the NDA.
Advani, one of the founding member of BJP, resigned from the party Parliamentary Board, Election Committee and National Executive, apparently opposing the elevation of his one-time protege Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as election campaign committee chief.
Objecting to some of the statements made at the BJP`s Goa meet, the JD(U) leader said some of the remarks were beyond the realm of NDA agenda.
The stand of JD(U) on the issue is crucial for BJP after the rift in the party became wide open with Advani quitting key posts in the organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened