Advani quitting not good for NDA: JD-U
New Delhi: Terming the resignation of LK Advani from all top BJP posts as a "serious issue" and "not good for NDA`s health," Janata Dal (United) president Sharad Yadav on Monday said his party, which is an ally of the NDA, will meet to discuss the matter.
"I am deeply saddened by the resignation of Advaniji... NDA was forged with the efforts of Atalji and Advaniji. He (Advani) is also the working president and Atalji (Atal Bihari Vajpayee) is not keeping well.
"So his (Advani) resignation in my opinion is a serious issue and we will convene our own party meeting to discuss the matter...Advanji`s resignation is not good for NDA`s health," said Yadav, who is also the convenor of the NDA.
Advani, one of the founding member of BJP, resigned from the party Parliamentary Board, Election Committee and National Executive, apparently opposing the elevation of his one-time protege Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as election campaign committee chief.
Objecting to some of the statements made at the BJP`s Goa meet, the JD(U) leader said some of the remarks were beyond the realm of NDA agenda.
The stand of JD(U) on the issue is crucial for BJP after the rift in the party became wide open with Advani quitting key posts in the organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt