After Wharton snub, Modi to address Indian diaspora in US
Ahmedabad: After the `snub` from Wharton, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is scheduled to address the Indian diaspora in the states of Edison, New Jersey, Chicago, Illinois, of USA through a video conference facility.
"Narendra Modi live speech, Edison, New Jersey, Chicago, Illinois on March 09, 2013 from 7-9 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST)," reads a scroll on the website of the Overseas Friends of the BJP USA.
"Narendrabhai will address the Indian diaspora LIVE from Karnavati (Ahmedabad)," the portal states.
Two venues, namely, TV Asia Auditorium, 76 National Road, Edison, New Jersey, as well as Holiday Inn, 3405 Algonquin Road, Rolling Meadows, Illinois 60008, have been listed on the website of the Overseas Friends of the BJP USA.
On Sunday, the US Wharton School of Business had cancelled the Gujarat CM`s keynote address slated for later this month, after an uproar from a section of university professors and students, triggering reactions in India.
It led to the Gujarat-based Adani Group Chairman Gautam Adani, the platinum sponsor of the Wharton Business School hosted Wharton India Economic Forum (WIEF) event, withdrawing its event sponsorship and opting out of the event.
The Adani Group is perceived to enjoy a close proximity to the Gujarat Chief Minister.
As mark a of protest against cancelling Modi`s key note address, Shiv Sena leader Suresh Prabhu also cancelled his visit to Wharton, saying it was not only an insult to the Gujarat Chief Minister, but also to the entire nation.
Modi has addressed the Indian diaspora in the US through by video conference several times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users