Agni-V missile test has put India into elite club: BJP
New Delhi: BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Thursday hailed the successful launch of Agni-V ballistic missile, saying it has put India into an elite club of nations.
"Gadkari has congratulated the DRDO scientists for this proud milestone in the security of the nation since India has now become a missile power," BJP said in a statement.
The Agni-V missile, having a range of 5,000 km, was successfully test-fired this morning a launch pad off Odisha coast.
"The fully indigenous missile Agni-V has put India in the elite club of nations," Gadkari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt