Ajmal Kasab hanged: Have informed Pakistan, says Shinde
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Wednesday said the Indian government has informed Pakistan about the execution of 26/11 Mumbai attacks terrorist Mohammad Ajmal Amir Kasab.
“Kasab was hanged at (Pune’s) Yerwada Central Prison today at 7.30 am,” Shinde told reporters here.
Pakistan had not accepted our letter so the Indian government informed them via fax also, the minister stated.
“We had sent his (Kasab’s) mercy petition to the President on October 16 after the Supreme Court rejected his review petition. The President rejected Kasab’s mercy plea on November 5. I signed the file on November 7 and sent the file to the Maharashtra government on November 8 and it was decided then that Kasab would be hanged on November 21 (today) at 7.30 am,” Shinde informed.
Kasab was informed of his hanging on November 12. On being informed about his execution he has expressed the wish that his mother Nooreelai, who lives in Pakistan, should be informed about it.
The minister said secrecy was maintained because it is necessary to maintain secrecy in such sensitive matters.
He added that Kasab had no last wish.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam