All is well in BJP: Rajnath Singh
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Wednesday sought to project the rift within the party as a thing of past, stating “all is well” in the party.
Singh was responding to queries on the purported rift between senior party leader LK Advani and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Earlier, Singh had stressed that Advani had resigned from all party posts this month for reasons other than Narendra Modi, who was appointed election campaign committee chief at the Goa conclave.
Advani, who later took back his resignation, had decided to quit over "other reasons" and not elevation of Narendra Modi as the 2014 poll campaign panel chief, Rajnath Singh had said at an event organised by a leading English daily.
"There were other reasons for his unhappiness," Singh said but did not elaborate.
Rajnath also did not rule out Modi being projected as BJP’s prime ministerial candidate for 2014 polls, saying the party will not ignore “the pulse of the people".
Modi’s elevation has caused rift not just within the BJP but also among allies, leading to trusted ally JD(U) quitting the main opposition alliance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH