All-party meet Aug 1 for smooth Parl session
New Delhi: Keen to get major bills passed in the monsoon session of parliament starting Aug 5, the government said Wednesday it had convened an all-party meeting Thursday.
According to Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath, who has convened the meeting, Finance Minister P Chidambaram and Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, leader of the Lok Sabha, will take part in the meeting.
According to an official statement, the meeting will involve leaders of parties from both the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha to reach an understanding on the smooth running of Parliament.
Besides the food security ordinance, some key economic reform bills related to the pension and insurance sectors need to be passed, informed sources said.
The government also aims to pass a pending bill which will allow foreign universities to set up shop in India, said the sources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends