Amritsar coldest as cold conditions continue in North India
Chandigarh: Amritsar was the coldest place in region on Tuesday with a minimum of 2.4 degrees Celsius as cold conditions prevailed in the state and neighbouring Haryana.
Amritsar remained the coldest place in plain areas as the minimum dropped by over a degree since yesterday, the MeT office said here.
Ludhiana, too, braved a cold night at 3 deg C, nearly five notches down since yesterday.
Patiala also experienced the chill at 5 deg C minimum, two notches below normal.
Karnal was the coldest place in Haryana at a minimum of 3 deg C, down four notches than normal.
Hisar braved a cold night at 4.1 deg C, down two degrees, while Ambala`s minimum settled at 5.2 deg C, down three notches.
Bhiwani and Narnaul recorded identical lows of 6 deg C each.
Chandigarh`s minimum settled within the normal range at 6.1 deg C.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune