Amritsar coldest as cold conditions continue in North India
Chandigarh: Amritsar was the coldest place in region on Tuesday with a minimum of 2.4 degrees Celsius as cold conditions prevailed in the state and neighbouring Haryana.
Amritsar remained the coldest place in plain areas as the minimum dropped by over a degree since yesterday, the MeT office said here.
Ludhiana, too, braved a cold night at 3 deg C, nearly five notches down since yesterday.
Patiala also experienced the chill at 5 deg C minimum, two notches below normal.
Karnal was the coldest place in Haryana at a minimum of 3 deg C, down four notches than normal.
Hisar braved a cold night at 4.1 deg C, down two degrees, while Ambala`s minimum settled at 5.2 deg C, down three notches.
Bhiwani and Narnaul recorded identical lows of 6 deg C each.
Chandigarh`s minimum settled within the normal range at 6.1 deg C.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends