Amritsar coldest as cold conditions continue in North India
Chandigarh: Amritsar was the coldest place in region on Tuesday with a minimum of 2.4 degrees Celsius as cold conditions prevailed in the state and neighbouring Haryana.
Amritsar remained the coldest place in plain areas as the minimum dropped by over a degree since yesterday, the MeT office said here.
Ludhiana, too, braved a cold night at 3 deg C, nearly five notches down since yesterday.
Patiala also experienced the chill at 5 deg C minimum, two notches below normal.
Karnal was the coldest place in Haryana at a minimum of 3 deg C, down four notches than normal.
Hisar braved a cold night at 4.1 deg C, down two degrees, while Ambala`s minimum settled at 5.2 deg C, down three notches.
Bhiwani and Narnaul recorded identical lows of 6 deg C each.
Chandigarh`s minimum settled within the normal range at 6.1 deg C.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight