Amritsar coldest as cold conditions continue in North India
Chandigarh: Amritsar was the coldest place in region on Tuesday with a minimum of 2.4 degrees Celsius as cold conditions prevailed in the state and neighbouring Haryana.
Amritsar remained the coldest place in plain areas as the minimum dropped by over a degree since yesterday, the MeT office said here.
Ludhiana, too, braved a cold night at 3 deg C, nearly five notches down since yesterday.
Patiala also experienced the chill at 5 deg C minimum, two notches below normal.
Karnal was the coldest place in Haryana at a minimum of 3 deg C, down four notches than normal.
Hisar braved a cold night at 4.1 deg C, down two degrees, while Ambala`s minimum settled at 5.2 deg C, down three notches.
Bhiwani and Narnaul recorded identical lows of 6 deg C each.
Chandigarh`s minimum settled within the normal range at 6.1 deg C.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic