Amritsar coldest as cold conditions continue in North India
Chandigarh: Amritsar was the coldest place in region on Tuesday with a minimum of 2.4 degrees Celsius as cold conditions prevailed in the state and neighbouring Haryana.
Amritsar remained the coldest place in plain areas as the minimum dropped by over a degree since yesterday, the MeT office said here.
Ludhiana, too, braved a cold night at 3 deg C, nearly five notches down since yesterday.
Patiala also experienced the chill at 5 deg C minimum, two notches below normal.
Karnal was the coldest place in Haryana at a minimum of 3 deg C, down four notches than normal.
Hisar braved a cold night at 4.1 deg C, down two degrees, while Ambala`s minimum settled at 5.2 deg C, down three notches.
Bhiwani and Narnaul recorded identical lows of 6 deg C each.
Chandigarh`s minimum settled within the normal range at 6.1 deg C.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30