Anil Lad resigns from Rajya Sabha
New Delhi: Anil Lad, a Congress leader, has resigned as member of the Rajya Sabha following his election to the Karnataka State Assembly.
The resignation of Lad has been accepted by Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari with effect from May 20.
Lad, who represented Karnataka in the Upper House, had over one year of his tenure left.
He was elected to the Rajya Sabha on June 26, 2008 for a six-year tenure till June 25, 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'