Anil Lad resigns from Rajya Sabha
New Delhi: Anil Lad, a Congress leader, has resigned as member of the Rajya Sabha following his election to the Karnataka State Assembly.
The resignation of Lad has been accepted by Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari with effect from May 20.
Lad, who represented Karnataka in the Upper House, had over one year of his tenure left.
He was elected to the Rajya Sabha on June 26, 2008 for a six-year tenure till June 25, 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof