Anil Lad resigns from Rajya Sabha
New Delhi: Anil Lad, a Congress leader, has resigned as member of the Rajya Sabha following his election to the Karnataka State Assembly.
The resignation of Lad has been accepted by Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari with effect from May 20.
Lad, who represented Karnataka in the Upper House, had over one year of his tenure left.
He was elected to the Rajya Sabha on June 26, 2008 for a six-year tenure till June 25, 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday