Anil Lad resigns from Rajya Sabha
New Delhi: Anil Lad, a Congress leader, has resigned as member of the Rajya Sabha following his election to the Karnataka State Assembly.
The resignation of Lad has been accepted by Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari with effect from May 20.
Lad, who represented Karnataka in the Upper House, had over one year of his tenure left.
He was elected to the Rajya Sabha on June 26, 2008 for a six-year tenure till June 25, 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Ricardo Quaresma heads Portugal into Euro 2016 quarters
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?