Anil Sharma takes oath as minister in Virbhadra Cabinet
Shimla: Anil Sharma, son of former Union Minister Sukh Ram, on Saturday took oath as Cabinet minister in the Virbhadra Singh-led Congress government in Himachal Pradesh.
Governor Urmila Singh administered oath of office and secrecy to Sharma in a swearing-in function at Raj Bhawan here.
With the induction of new minister, the strength of the Cabinet has increased to 11, including the Chief Minister.
Besides Chief Minister and his Cabinet colleagues, former Union Communication Minister Sukh Ram and several other dignitaries were present on the occasion.
A three-time MLA from Mandi and a former Rajya Sabha member, Sharma had earlier served as minister of state in Virbhadra Singh ministry from 1993 to 1996 and had resigned from the council of ministers after Sukh Ram was arrested in telecom scam.
Sharma later joined the Himachal Vikas Congress, floated by Sukh Ram after his expulsion from Congress in 1997.
Talking to reporters after the swearing-in ceremony, Virbhadra said that another minister would be inducted after the Budget Session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren