Anil Sharma takes oath as minister in Virbhadra Cabinet
Shimla: Anil Sharma, son of former Union Minister Sukh Ram, on Saturday took oath as Cabinet minister in the Virbhadra Singh-led Congress government in Himachal Pradesh.
Governor Urmila Singh administered oath of office and secrecy to Sharma in a swearing-in function at Raj Bhawan here.
With the induction of new minister, the strength of the Cabinet has increased to 11, including the Chief Minister.
Besides Chief Minister and his Cabinet colleagues, former Union Communication Minister Sukh Ram and several other dignitaries were present on the occasion.
A three-time MLA from Mandi and a former Rajya Sabha member, Sharma had earlier served as minister of state in Virbhadra Singh ministry from 1993 to 1996 and had resigned from the council of ministers after Sukh Ram was arrested in telecom scam.
Sharma later joined the Himachal Vikas Congress, floated by Sukh Ram after his expulsion from Congress in 1997.
Talking to reporters after the swearing-in ceremony, Virbhadra said that another minister would be inducted after the Budget Session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony