Anil Sharma takes oath as minister in Virbhadra Cabinet
Shimla: Anil Sharma, son of former Union Minister Sukh Ram, on Saturday took oath as Cabinet minister in the Virbhadra Singh-led Congress government in Himachal Pradesh.
Governor Urmila Singh administered oath of office and secrecy to Sharma in a swearing-in function at Raj Bhawan here.
With the induction of new minister, the strength of the Cabinet has increased to 11, including the Chief Minister.
Besides Chief Minister and his Cabinet colleagues, former Union Communication Minister Sukh Ram and several other dignitaries were present on the occasion.
A three-time MLA from Mandi and a former Rajya Sabha member, Sharma had earlier served as minister of state in Virbhadra Singh ministry from 1993 to 1996 and had resigned from the council of ministers after Sukh Ram was arrested in telecom scam.
Sharma later joined the Himachal Vikas Congress, floated by Sukh Ram after his expulsion from Congress in 1997.
Talking to reporters after the swearing-in ceremony, Virbhadra said that another minister would be inducted after the Budget Session.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan