Anita Kaul new Secretary, Justice in Law Ministry
New Delhi: Anita Kaul has been appointed as the new Secretary, Justice in the Law Ministry, while Sangita Gairola will be the new Secretary of Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare in the Defence Ministry.
Kaul, a 1979 batch IAS officer of Karnataka cadre, will replace D K Sikri on his retirement on July 31.
As Secretary Justice, Kaul, who is presently in her cadre, will look after the appointment, resignation and removal of judges of the Supreme Court and the 24 high courts.
Gairola, a 1977 batch IAS officer of Rajasthan cadre, is Secretary, Department of Youth Affairs in the Sports Ministry. She will swap her position with Uttarakhand cadre IAS Rajiv Gupta who is Secretary, Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare in the Defence Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir