Anita Kaul new Secretary, Justice in Law Ministry
New Delhi: Anita Kaul has been appointed as the new Secretary, Justice in the Law Ministry, while Sangita Gairola will be the new Secretary of Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare in the Defence Ministry.
Kaul, a 1979 batch IAS officer of Karnataka cadre, will replace D K Sikri on his retirement on July 31.
As Secretary Justice, Kaul, who is presently in her cadre, will look after the appointment, resignation and removal of judges of the Supreme Court and the 24 high courts.
Gairola, a 1977 batch IAS officer of Rajasthan cadre, is Secretary, Department of Youth Affairs in the Sports Ministry. She will swap her position with Uttarakhand cadre IAS Rajiv Gupta who is Secretary, Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare in the Defence Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar