Anna Hazare asks people to vote conscientiously
Rishikesh: Anti-corruption activist Anna Hazare on Tuesday asked people to vote conscientiously as he launched the third phase of his Jantantra Yatra here on Tuesday.
"We must elect individuals capable of delivering and not vote blindly for parties in 2014," Hazare said while addressing a gathering at Doon Tiraha here.
He said the Jantantra Yatra was meant to awaken people`s ability to bring about a major change in the system and it would continue till an independent Lokpal was set up.
Hazare will conduct his public awakening campaign in about 50 places in Uttarakhand before concluding the third phase of his yatra in Rudrapur later this month.
He had kicked off his yatra from the martyrs` memorial at Amritsar`s Jallianwala Bagh on March 31.
On the eve of the launch of the third phase of his yatra, Hazare had participated in the Ganga Arti programme on the banks of the river here with Parmarth Niketan chief Swami Chidanand Saraswati.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands