Anna Hazare demands tough law against rapists
New Delhi: Social activist Anna Hazare on Tuesday led a candle light march in support of the Delhi gang-rape victim.
The march was held at his native village, Ralegan Siddhi, where Hazare demanded a tough law against rapes.
The participants in the march demanded death penalty for those involved in the incident.
Hazare blamed the government for rising cases of rape, as there was no tough law to deal with rapists.
"Those who committed such a crime, they should be hanged. The government is as responsible for the crime as the rapists. People elected the government to make laws. Why has no tough law been made after 65 years of independence? If there was a tough law in place, these people wouldn`t have dared to commit such a crime," CNN-IBN quoted Anna as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video