Anna Hazare greeted with black flags in Chennai
Chennai: Social activist Anna Hazare, spearheading an anti-graft movement demanding for a strong Lokpal, was on Sunday greeted with black flags by a fringe group on his arrival at the airport here.
Five persons of `Makkal Sakthi Katchi` were arrested for showing black flags to the 74 year-old activist, alleging him to be against reservation policy and demanded that he go back.
Airport police arrested the five men when Hazare landed here to attend a series of events including addressing a public gathering in the evening, besides attending a special screening of a movie, "Welcome back Gandhi," the Hindi version of Tamil film, "Muthalvar Mahatma."
Hazare had addressed a huge gathering at Bangalore yesterday, asking the Government to quit if it cannot bring an effective Lokpal Bill and accused it of "cheating" the country by doing a volte-face on its promises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!