Anna Hazare greeted with black flags in Chennai
Chennai: Social activist Anna Hazare, spearheading an anti-graft movement demanding for a strong Lokpal, was on Sunday greeted with black flags by a fringe group on his arrival at the airport here.
Five persons of `Makkal Sakthi Katchi` were arrested for showing black flags to the 74 year-old activist, alleging him to be against reservation policy and demanded that he go back.
Airport police arrested the five men when Hazare landed here to attend a series of events including addressing a public gathering in the evening, besides attending a special screening of a movie, "Welcome back Gandhi," the Hindi version of Tamil film, "Muthalvar Mahatma."
Hazare had addressed a huge gathering at Bangalore yesterday, asking the Government to quit if it cannot bring an effective Lokpal Bill and accused it of "cheating" the country by doing a volte-face on its promises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway