Anna Hazare stable in ICU, say doctors
Gurgaon: Social activist Anna Hazare was admitted to the intensive care unit (ICU) of Medanta Hospital here after he complained of acidity and weakness and is now stable, a doctor said on Friday.
He was first admitted to the emergency ward of the hospital and then shifted to the ICU.
"Anna complained of acidity, cough and weakness Friday morning and was admitted to Medicity Medanta here in Sector 38," a close activist of Anna said.
"He is stable and his heath is better. He is recovering. He has been kept in an ICU for some private reasons, not for his illness," said a senior doctor at Medanta.
Hazare is scheduled to meet members of Anna Samanwaya Simiti from Haryana on December 9.
Hazare, 75, was the face of the India Against Corruption movement, which was launched in December 2010 and united the poor and the middle class against corruption.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended