Anna Hazare to launch new anti-graft team: Kiran Bedi
New Delhi: After severing ties with India Against Corruption (IAC) activist Arvind Kejriwal over the formation of a political party, veteran ant-corruption activist Anna Hazare on Saturday decided to recast his core team that was disbanded a month ago.
Hazare`s new team will comprise individuals known for integrity to take his anti-graft movement forward, said the activist`s close aide and former Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Kiran Bedi here on Saturday.
"Individuals, who are an institution themselves, be it retired civil servants, corporate honchos or artists, Anna is looking for a new inclusive core group with individuals, who are one call away from the powers that be but are known for their non-partisanship and are reformist by nature," Bedi said.
She also named three such individuals, whom Hazare may approach to be part of his new core committee.
The three are former Army chief General VK Singh, who had raised his voice against corruption throughout his tenure; former Uttar Pradesh director general of police Prakash Singh, who filed a public interest litigation seeking police reforms to rid the service from political interference and got the order passed; and Bhure Lal, who enjoys the confidence of the Supreme Court for heading independent committees to examine social issues as a friend of the court.
Hazare will convene the first core meeting of the new panel Nov 24 and 25, Bedi said.
"Anna is going to talk to these individuals and on the basis of their availability to be part of the movement against corruption. If they can join Anna`s movement, they all will meet Nov 24 and 25," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP