Anna Hazare to launch new anti-graft team: Kiran Bedi
New Delhi: After severing ties with India Against Corruption (IAC) activist Arvind Kejriwal over the formation of a political party, veteran ant-corruption activist Anna Hazare on Saturday decided to recast his core team that was disbanded a month ago.
Hazare`s new team will comprise individuals known for integrity to take his anti-graft movement forward, said the activist`s close aide and former Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Kiran Bedi here on Saturday.
"Individuals, who are an institution themselves, be it retired civil servants, corporate honchos or artists, Anna is looking for a new inclusive core group with individuals, who are one call away from the powers that be but are known for their non-partisanship and are reformist by nature," Bedi said.
She also named three such individuals, whom Hazare may approach to be part of his new core committee.
The three are former Army chief General VK Singh, who had raised his voice against corruption throughout his tenure; former Uttar Pradesh director general of police Prakash Singh, who filed a public interest litigation seeking police reforms to rid the service from political interference and got the order passed; and Bhure Lal, who enjoys the confidence of the Supreme Court for heading independent committees to examine social issues as a friend of the court.
Hazare will convene the first core meeting of the new panel Nov 24 and 25, Bedi said.
"Anna is going to talk to these individuals and on the basis of their availability to be part of the movement against corruption. If they can join Anna`s movement, they all will meet Nov 24 and 25," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof