Anna Hazare’s new team to meet in Ralegan Siddhi today
Ralegan Siddhi: Social activist Anna Hazare will meet his new team members here on Saturday.
Anna’s close associate Kiran Bedi and former Army chief VK Singh along with other team members will join the social activist in his home town.
Interestingly, the social activist had earlier said that VK Singh is not a member of his team, but the two were in touch.
Earlier this month Hazare had announced a new 15-member team and said he would start a nationwide campaign against corruption from Jan 30 next year, the death anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
The new faces in the committee are former Director General of Police (Punjab) Shashikant, former IAS officer Avinash Dharmadhikari, Lt Col Brijendra Khokhar, Ran Singh Arya, activist Akshay Kumar and agriculture expert Vishambhar Chaudhary.
Hazare also inaugurated his new office at Sarvodaya Enclave in south Delhi with a pledge to make India corruption free.
On Sep 19, Hazare had announced his the disbanding of the Team Anna and had parted ways with Kejriwal on the issue of forming a political party. He had also directed that his photographs or name should not be used for political campaigning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened