Anna Hazare’s new team to meet in Ralegan Siddhi today
Ralegan Siddhi: Social activist Anna Hazare will meet his new team members here on Saturday.
Anna’s close associate Kiran Bedi and former Army chief VK Singh along with other team members will join the social activist in his home town.
Interestingly, the social activist had earlier said that VK Singh is not a member of his team, but the two were in touch.
Earlier this month Hazare had announced a new 15-member team and said he would start a nationwide campaign against corruption from Jan 30 next year, the death anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
The new faces in the committee are former Director General of Police (Punjab) Shashikant, former IAS officer Avinash Dharmadhikari, Lt Col Brijendra Khokhar, Ran Singh Arya, activist Akshay Kumar and agriculture expert Vishambhar Chaudhary.
Hazare also inaugurated his new office at Sarvodaya Enclave in south Delhi with a pledge to make India corruption free.
On Sep 19, Hazare had announced his the disbanding of the Team Anna and had parted ways with Kejriwal on the issue of forming a political party. He had also directed that his photographs or name should not be used for political campaigning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores