Anna Hazare’s new team to meet in Ralegan Siddhi today
Ralegan Siddhi: Social activist Anna Hazare will meet his new team members here on Saturday.
Anna’s close associate Kiran Bedi and former Army chief VK Singh along with other team members will join the social activist in his home town.
Interestingly, the social activist had earlier said that VK Singh is not a member of his team, but the two were in touch.
Earlier this month Hazare had announced a new 15-member team and said he would start a nationwide campaign against corruption from Jan 30 next year, the death anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
The new faces in the committee are former Director General of Police (Punjab) Shashikant, former IAS officer Avinash Dharmadhikari, Lt Col Brijendra Khokhar, Ran Singh Arya, activist Akshay Kumar and agriculture expert Vishambhar Chaudhary.
Hazare also inaugurated his new office at Sarvodaya Enclave in south Delhi with a pledge to make India corruption free.
On Sep 19, Hazare had announced his the disbanding of the Team Anna and had parted ways with Kejriwal on the issue of forming a political party. He had also directed that his photographs or name should not be used for political campaigning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"