Anna supporter again confronts Kejriwal
Noida: For the second time in two days, Annie Kohli, an Anna Hazare supporter, on Tuesday confronted Arvind Kejriwal asking how some members of his anti-graft movement were dubbing her as an "agent" of political parties.
Kohli (55), who is based in Mumbai, went to lawyer Prashant Bhushan`s residence here where Kejriwal and others were in a meeting demanding that she wants to meet the activist.
As Kohli raised her voice, Kejriwal, who was in the meeting, came out and tried to assuage her.
Kohli asked Kejriwal on what basis his supporters associated with India Against Corruption accused her of being an agent of parties. She also alleged that she was manhandled by his supporters.
Kejriwal requested her to come inside the house for discussions. Later, she said Kejriwal heard her out and assured that he will talk to his supporters. She said she was with him in the movement against corruption but did not support his political campaign.
"I have no differences with him. I respect him. I want to ask him one question whether he is a crusader or a politician. I am not with him on politics but when if it is fight against corruption, I will support him," she told reporters.
She also said Kejriwal, who was with her when she spoke to the media, has told her that he will talk to Mayank Gandhi about her issues.
Kejriwal said, "She is upset with the misbehaviour of some volunteers at Mumbai airport. If this is true, then I apologise to her. I will speak to volunteers. I appeal to IAC supporters not to behave like this. If we do so, then what is the difference between us and other parties," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez