Anna urges political leaders to fight against corruption
Ralegan Siddhi: Veteran social activist Anna Hazare has said that rival leaders of India such as Narendra Modi of Bharatiya Janata Party and Rahul Gandhi of Congress party should shed their partisan interests and work for the larger interest of the country to rid it off corruption.
Anna Hazare, who has been spearheading an anti-corruption campaign, said that the key concern of Modi and Gandhi should be fighting corruption.
"Be it Narendra Modi or Rahul Gandhi, the important thing is that till the time they have a political party in front of them and its interests, even they cannot work effectively towards eradicating corruption from the country. If they want to genuinely want to eradicate corruption from the country then they need to pull larger issues before their respective parties or self," he said.
"The Constitution also says that an Indian citizen can fight the election. Pressure groups have been developed inside the Parliament and outside it because of political groupism," he added.
Hazare further observed that the time is apt to gather support for a massive anti-corruption campaign in the country and awaken masses.
"This is the right opportunity to change the country and rid it off corruption. There are a lot of people ready to initiate a fight against corruption , they should unite and travel across the entire country to awaken the people. Taking sides and being partial would not help the country to progress," added Hazare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read