Anna urges political leaders to fight against corruption
Ralegan Siddhi: Veteran social activist Anna Hazare has said that rival leaders of India such as Narendra Modi of Bharatiya Janata Party and Rahul Gandhi of Congress party should shed their partisan interests and work for the larger interest of the country to rid it off corruption.
Anna Hazare, who has been spearheading an anti-corruption campaign, said that the key concern of Modi and Gandhi should be fighting corruption.
"Be it Narendra Modi or Rahul Gandhi, the important thing is that till the time they have a political party in front of them and its interests, even they cannot work effectively towards eradicating corruption from the country. If they want to genuinely want to eradicate corruption from the country then they need to pull larger issues before their respective parties or self," he said.
"The Constitution also says that an Indian citizen can fight the election. Pressure groups have been developed inside the Parliament and outside it because of political groupism," he added.
Hazare further observed that the time is apt to gather support for a massive anti-corruption campaign in the country and awaken masses.
"This is the right opportunity to change the country and rid it off corruption. There are a lot of people ready to initiate a fight against corruption , they should unite and travel across the entire country to awaken the people. Taking sides and being partial would not help the country to progress," added Hazare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered