Anti-Dalit remarks: SC reprieve for Baba Ramdev, stays further action
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
New Delhi: In a big reprieve for Baba Ramdev, the Supreme Court on Friday stayed further action against the yoga guru for his uncharitable remarks on Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi pertaining to Dalits.
Ramdev had stirred a hornet`s nest by saying that Rahul goes to houses of Dalits “for picnics and honeymoon”.
However, the apex court directed Ramdev not to make such appropriate remarks in the future. The top court also asked the yoga guru to deposit Rs 10 lakhs.
The yoga guru, who is supporting the BJP in the Elections 2014 made the objectionable comments while he was in Lucknow last month.
Further making highly improper and derogatory comments on the Gandhi scion, Ramdev said that Sonia Gandhi feels that marrying a foreigner would hurt Rahul`s chances of becoming the prime minister; and that is why she wants him to first attain the top post and then marry an outsider.
"Rahul doesn`t wants to marry a `desi` girl, however, he likes going to Dalits places for picnic and honeymoon," the yoga guru said, adding, "if the Congress vice president had married a girl from the particular community, not only the girl would have become rich, but Rahul would have become the PM."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?