Antony recommends CBI probe into DRDO recruitment scam
New Delhi: Defence Minister A K Antony has recommended a CBI probe into an alleged recruitment scam in DRDO where several senior officers including two of its former chiefs are under the scanner.
The Defence Minister has recommended a CBI probe into the alleged recruitment scam in which two former DRDO chiefs and a former Chief Controller of the organisation are under scanner for allegedly giving jobs to their kins in alleged violation of rules and regulations, sources said here on Sunday.
The vigilance wing of the Defence Ministry had been investigating the alleged wrongdoings in recruitment in the premier defence research agency for over a year.
Recently, a Director-rank officer of the DRDO was under scanner for his alleged role in an appointment made against the laid down procedures and was suspended hours before his retirement from service in May.
The official, a senior scientist, was suspended by the department as an inquiry was pending against him in a recruitment-related case where he allegedly recruited his own daughter in the organisation.
The matter had come to light after the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) recommended action against two DRDO officials for their alleged role in the case.
The official suspended was involved in promotion and selection of scientists in the organisation. The CVC had also recommended review of the appointment of the scientist`s daughter who is now working in DRDO as a `Scientist C`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley