Anuradha Bali ‘Fiza’ had received death threats
Mohali/Bulandshahr: Even as the Mohali Police remains clueless, a person known to Anuradha Bali ‘Fiza’ has claimed that she had received death threats from some influential people in Haryana.
The sensational allegation was made by one Salim Alvi of Bulandshahr, who claimed to have been in constant touch with Fiza.
Alvi said that he had talked to her in the last week of July and again on August one. He said that Fiza had enmity with powerful people in Haryana and was worried that she was may be harmed, even killed.
Alvi said that she had asked Fiza to come to Bulandshahr as Mohali Police was not taking her complaints seriously.
He further revealed that Fiza was planning to hold a press conference in Delhi to expose those who were threatening her.
Alvi, whose role in Fiza’s life is yet unclear, said although she was worried there were no signs that she would take the extreme step of committing suicide.
Meanwhile, police have found over 50 CDs in the Sector 48 Mohali house where the 39-year-old Anuradha Bali, a former Assistant Advocate General of Haryana, was found dead under mysterious circumstances on Monday.
The police claimed that Fiza has spoken 8 people before her death. The last person she spoke to was Salim.
The decomposed state of her body suggested that she might have died at least 3-4 days before her body was found.
Of particular interest to the investigators is the intriguing presence of a duppatta (long scarf) around her neck when she was wearing jeans and top.
The police are awaiting the viscera examination report to pin point Fiza’s cause of death. Her clothed have also been sent for forensic examination.
“So far, we have not got any evidence of foul play in the case. The postmortem conducted on Bali`s body showed that there were no external injury marks," Mohali SSP G P S Bhullar said.
The police have questioned journalist Niranjan Jindal and lawyer Ajit Hooda in connection with case but no arrests have been made so far.
Fiza was cremated in Chandigarh according to Hindu rituals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!