Anuradha Bali ‘Fiza’ had received death threats
Mohali/Bulandshahr: Even as the Mohali Police remains clueless, a person known to Anuradha Bali ‘Fiza’ has claimed that she had received death threats from some influential people in Haryana.
The sensational allegation was made by one Salim Alvi of Bulandshahr, who claimed to have been in constant touch with Fiza.
Alvi said that he had talked to her in the last week of July and again on August one. He said that Fiza had enmity with powerful people in Haryana and was worried that she was may be harmed, even killed.
Alvi said that she had asked Fiza to come to Bulandshahr as Mohali Police was not taking her complaints seriously.
He further revealed that Fiza was planning to hold a press conference in Delhi to expose those who were threatening her.
Alvi, whose role in Fiza’s life is yet unclear, said although she was worried there were no signs that she would take the extreme step of committing suicide.
Meanwhile, police have found over 50 CDs in the Sector 48 Mohali house where the 39-year-old Anuradha Bali, a former Assistant Advocate General of Haryana, was found dead under mysterious circumstances on Monday.
The police claimed that Fiza has spoken 8 people before her death. The last person she spoke to was Salim.
The decomposed state of her body suggested that she might have died at least 3-4 days before her body was found.
Of particular interest to the investigators is the intriguing presence of a duppatta (long scarf) around her neck when she was wearing jeans and top.
The police are awaiting the viscera examination report to pin point Fiza’s cause of death. Her clothed have also been sent for forensic examination.
“So far, we have not got any evidence of foul play in the case. The postmortem conducted on Bali`s body showed that there were no external injury marks," Mohali SSP G P S Bhullar said.
The police have questioned journalist Niranjan Jindal and lawyer Ajit Hooda in connection with case but no arrests have been made so far.
Fiza was cremated in Chandigarh according to Hindu rituals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing