Arms, ammunition recovered from near Pak border
Ferozepur: The Border Security Force on Friday recovered arms and ammunition from a pit close to the International Border with Pakistan in Amarkot sector of the
The weapons were found following information received by BSF personnel based on an intercept, DIG BSF Rajesh Gupta, of the Ferozepur Sector Headquarter told a news agency here.
He said that four 9mm pistols with eight magazines, two Chinese made revolvers with 36 rounds and a "pump action gun" were dug out from a pit about 300 yards inside the Indian territory close to the IB.
Gupta said that the "pump action gun" was a new type of weapon recovered by the personnel of the 45th Battalion of the BSF.
The security personnel, including the BSF and the Punjab Police, have stepped up vigil along the international border with Pakistan as also within Punjab in view of the assembly elections to be held in the state on January 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi