Arms, ammunition recovered from near Pak border
Ferozepur: The Border Security Force on Friday recovered arms and ammunition from a pit close to the International Border with Pakistan in Amarkot sector of the
The weapons were found following information received by BSF personnel based on an intercept, DIG BSF Rajesh Gupta, of the Ferozepur Sector Headquarter told a news agency here.
He said that four 9mm pistols with eight magazines, two Chinese made revolvers with 36 rounds and a "pump action gun" were dug out from a pit about 300 yards inside the Indian territory close to the IB.
Gupta said that the "pump action gun" was a new type of weapon recovered by the personnel of the 45th Battalion of the BSF.
The security personnel, including the BSF and the Punjab Police, have stepped up vigil along the international border with Pakistan as also within Punjab in view of the assembly elections to be held in the state on January 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader