Arms seized from Italian ship sent to forensic lab
Kollam (Ker): Arms seized from the Italian
ship Enrica Lexie in connection with the killing of two Indian
fishermen in firing by its naval guards on February 15, were
on Monday sent to a forensic laboratory for examination after
being produced before the Magistrate court here.
Two sealed boxes containing the fire arms, seized from the
ship Enrica Lexie on Feb 25, were brought from Kochi by the
police officials investigating the case and produced before
First Class Judicial Magistrate Dony Thomas Verghese.
After the court officials tallied the list of items
furnished by the investigators against the contents in
the trunk boxes, they were ordered to be taken to the
Government Forensic Laboratory in Thiruvananthapuram.
Two Italian naval officials were also present when the
boxes were produced in the court.
Though the details of the contents had not been revealed,
court sources said they included Berretta ARX-160 guns.
Special Investigation Team probing the case had on
Saturday searched the merchant vessel, berthed off Cochin
Port, and traced the firearms used by two Italian marines, who
allegedly shot dead the fishermen off Kollam coast on February
The search was conducted in the presence of a 10-member
Italian delegation, including two ballistic experts.
The two arrested marines -- Latore Massimiliano and
Salvatore Girone -- have been charged with murder and are in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh