Army Chief bribe offer case: CBI again questions Singh, Rishi
New Delhi: Lt Gen (Retd) Tejinder Singh, Vectra Chairman Ravinder Rishi and four others were again grilled by CBI Tuesday over the alleged bribe offer made by the retired general to the then Army chief VK Singh for clearing a tranche of sub-standard Tatra BEML trucks.
CBI sources claimed Singh and Rishi were confronted with each other as some infirmities were detected in their statements given yesterday.
The duo denied having any business links with each other during the questioning, they said.
The sources said the two businessmen and two executives of Vectra were also asked about their association with the officials of the Defence Ministry.
They claimed that the CBI suspected alleged association between Tejinder Singh and Rishi during the probe of a separate case related to Abhishek Verma, another arms dealer facing a CBI probe in several cases.
The sources said during the questioning of Verma and Tejinder Singh in the case, the agency got some information about latter`s dealing with arms lobbyists which helped it to conclude that there was enough material to register a regular case on the basis of the then army chief`s complaint.
Gen (Retd) VK Singh had alleged that Tejinder Singh offered him a bribe of Rs 14 crore in his office in September 2010 to clear the purchase of tranche of 1,676 substandard Tatra BEML trucks, a matter he had reported to Defence Minister AK Antony.
After getting a formal complaint from the former army chief, CBI had initiated a preliminary enquiry in April.
Tejinder Singh had refuted the allegations and also slapped a defamation case against Gen Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL