Army Chief bribe offer case: CBI again questions Singh, Rishi
New Delhi: Lt Gen (Retd) Tejinder Singh, Vectra Chairman Ravinder Rishi and four others were again grilled by CBI Tuesday over the alleged bribe offer made by the retired general to the then Army chief VK Singh for clearing a tranche of sub-standard Tatra BEML trucks.
CBI sources claimed Singh and Rishi were confronted with each other as some infirmities were detected in their statements given yesterday.
The duo denied having any business links with each other during the questioning, they said.
The sources said the two businessmen and two executives of Vectra were also asked about their association with the officials of the Defence Ministry.
They claimed that the CBI suspected alleged association between Tejinder Singh and Rishi during the probe of a separate case related to Abhishek Verma, another arms dealer facing a CBI probe in several cases.
The sources said during the questioning of Verma and Tejinder Singh in the case, the agency got some information about latter`s dealing with arms lobbyists which helped it to conclude that there was enough material to register a regular case on the basis of the then army chief`s complaint.
Gen (Retd) VK Singh had alleged that Tejinder Singh offered him a bribe of Rs 14 crore in his office in September 2010 to clear the purchase of tranche of 1,676 substandard Tatra BEML trucks, a matter he had reported to Defence Minister AK Antony.
After getting a formal complaint from the former army chief, CBI had initiated a preliminary enquiry in April.
Tejinder Singh had refuted the allegations and also slapped a defamation case against Gen Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing