‘Army Chief is trying to clean the organisation’
New Delhi: Coming out in support of Army
Chief V K Singh, who is mired in controversies, a body of
ex-servicemen on Saturday described him as a "whistleblower" out to
clean the organisation.
"Whatever the Chief has done, he has done to the best of
his ability for the organisation. He has no personal interest
and we are all with him for whatever action he has taken,"
said Brigadier (retd) R K Singh Gulia, president of Indian
Ex-Services League, one of the biggest organisations of former
He was asked how the retired soldiers view the recent
controversies on General Singh claiming that he received a
bribe offer and writing to the Prime Minister over the state
of preparedness of the Army.
"Whatever is the present controversy, things are coming
out one by one. Let us not make it move murkier now. Things are
unfolding now.... But here is the man who is trying to clean
the organisation," he said on the sidelines of a function to
On whether Singh was being "targeted" by his adversaries,
Gulia said, "Normally any whistleblower becomes a target. From
the day he took over the Army, his aim was to clean the system
and health of the organisation, which he has been doing
"As a result some of them who are not in the same
frequency, they certainly would have gone astray and could
have done that."
Defending the Army Chief for writing a letter to the Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh, he said, "It is a regular feature.
Every chief writes and it is his duty to inform the
Terming the leakage of letter as an anti-national act, he
said, "Whoever has leaked this is top secret letter, he must
be taken to gallows."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say