Army chief releases cover of Project Himank
Leh (J&K): Army Chief General VK Singh on Friday
dedicated a commemorative cover on the glorious 25 years of
Project Himank launched by Border Roads Organisation for
development of road communication in the Ladakh region.
General Singh, who had arrived in Leh, released the
commemorative cover of Project Himank, aptly known as
The project started on December 4, 1985 at Leh exclusively
for the development of road communication in Ladakh region,
which till 1960 was connected with the rest of the country
only by mule tracks, a defence spokesman said.
All units and roads of the project are located in high
altitude areas at heights above 10,000 feet, he said, adding
that there are nine major passes in the project ranging from
12,200 feet to 18,380 feet, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'