Army chief releases cover of Project Himank
Leh (J&K): Army Chief General VK Singh on Friday
dedicated a commemorative cover on the glorious 25 years of
Project Himank launched by Border Roads Organisation for
development of road communication in the Ladakh region.
General Singh, who had arrived in Leh, released the
commemorative cover of Project Himank, aptly known as
The project started on December 4, 1985 at Leh exclusively
for the development of road communication in Ladakh region,
which till 1960 was connected with the rest of the country
only by mule tracks, a defence spokesman said.
All units and roads of the project are located in high
altitude areas at heights above 10,000 feet, he said, adding
that there are nine major passes in the project ranging from
12,200 feet to 18,380 feet, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack