Army chief releases cover of Project Himank
Leh (J&K): Army Chief General VK Singh on Friday
dedicated a commemorative cover on the glorious 25 years of
Project Himank launched by Border Roads Organisation for
development of road communication in the Ladakh region.
General Singh, who had arrived in Leh, released the
commemorative cover of Project Himank, aptly known as
The project started on December 4, 1985 at Leh exclusively
for the development of road communication in Ladakh region,
which till 1960 was connected with the rest of the country
only by mule tracks, a defence spokesman said.
All units and roads of the project are located in high
altitude areas at heights above 10,000 feet, he said, adding
that there are nine major passes in the project ranging from
12,200 feet to 18,380 feet, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites