Army Chief visits Central Command headquarters
Lucknow: Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh on Wednesday visited the Central Command headquarters here and reviewed the operational preparedness of the force.
Gen Bikram Singh, who arrived here yesterday with his wife and President of Army Family Welfare Organisation (AFWO) Bubbles Singh for a two-day visit, was briefed by Lt Gen Anil Chait, General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Central Command.
The Army Chief addressed officers on challenges facing the army, collective efforts required in overcoming them and the need to carry forward the core values of sincerity, commitment and dedication to the organisation, a defence spokesman said.
Gen Singh emphasised on the need to return to the basics of soldiering with emphasis on discipline and esprit de corps.
In his interaction with ex-servicemen later, the Army Chief assured them of concerted efforts towards amelioration of their problems.
Gen Singh made a courtesy call to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and thanked him for the support extended to ex-servicemen and army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP