Army Chief visits Central Command headquarters
Lucknow: Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh on Wednesday visited the Central Command headquarters here and reviewed the operational preparedness of the force.
Gen Bikram Singh, who arrived here yesterday with his wife and President of Army Family Welfare Organisation (AFWO) Bubbles Singh for a two-day visit, was briefed by Lt Gen Anil Chait, General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Central Command.
The Army Chief addressed officers on challenges facing the army, collective efforts required in overcoming them and the need to carry forward the core values of sincerity, commitment and dedication to the organisation, a defence spokesman said.
Gen Singh emphasised on the need to return to the basics of soldiering with emphasis on discipline and esprit de corps.
In his interaction with ex-servicemen later, the Army Chief assured them of concerted efforts towards amelioration of their problems.
Gen Singh made a courtesy call to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and thanked him for the support extended to ex-servicemen and army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown