Army Chief visits Central Command headquarters
Lucknow: Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh on Wednesday visited the Central Command headquarters here and reviewed the operational preparedness of the force.
Gen Bikram Singh, who arrived here yesterday with his wife and President of Army Family Welfare Organisation (AFWO) Bubbles Singh for a two-day visit, was briefed by Lt Gen Anil Chait, General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Central Command.
The Army Chief addressed officers on challenges facing the army, collective efforts required in overcoming them and the need to carry forward the core values of sincerity, commitment and dedication to the organisation, a defence spokesman said.
Gen Singh emphasised on the need to return to the basics of soldiering with emphasis on discipline and esprit de corps.
In his interaction with ex-servicemen later, the Army Chief assured them of concerted efforts towards amelioration of their problems.
Gen Singh made a courtesy call to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and thanked him for the support extended to ex-servicemen and army.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!