Arrest US Navy personnel who killed Indian: CPI-M
New Delhi: The CPI-M Wednesday criticized the government for not squarely condemning the US Navy for killing an Indian fisherman, and demanded the arrest of the killers.
"The premeditated killing of an Indian fisherman and injuries to three others due to firing by a US naval ship within UAE waters is highly condemnable and reprehensible," the Communist Party of India-Marxist said.
"It is shocking that the UPA government has not squarely condemned the incident and the External Affairs minister has merely termed it as `unfortunate`," it said in a statement.
"This lukewarm attitude stems from the fact that India is engaged in military collaboration with the US and the same US Navy which fired on the Indian fishermen is constantly engaged in joint naval exercises with the Indian Navy.
"The country expects the Indian government to demand that the US naval personnel who committed this murder be arrested and put on trial.
"This is the stand which was taken in the case of the Italian naval personnel who shot and killed two Indian fishermen off the coast of Kerala."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre