Arrest US Navy personnel who killed Indian: CPI-M
New Delhi: The CPI-M Wednesday criticized the government for not squarely condemning the US Navy for killing an Indian fisherman, and demanded the arrest of the killers.
"The premeditated killing of an Indian fisherman and injuries to three others due to firing by a US naval ship within UAE waters is highly condemnable and reprehensible," the Communist Party of India-Marxist said.
"It is shocking that the UPA government has not squarely condemned the incident and the External Affairs minister has merely termed it as `unfortunate`," it said in a statement.
"This lukewarm attitude stems from the fact that India is engaged in military collaboration with the US and the same US Navy which fired on the Indian fishermen is constantly engaged in joint naval exercises with the Indian Navy.
"The country expects the Indian government to demand that the US naval personnel who committed this murder be arrested and put on trial.
"This is the stand which was taken in the case of the Italian naval personnel who shot and killed two Indian fishermen off the coast of Kerala."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!