Arrest US Navy personnel who killed Indian: CPI-M
New Delhi: The CPI-M Wednesday criticized the government for not squarely condemning the US Navy for killing an Indian fisherman, and demanded the arrest of the killers.
"The premeditated killing of an Indian fisherman and injuries to three others due to firing by a US naval ship within UAE waters is highly condemnable and reprehensible," the Communist Party of India-Marxist said.
"It is shocking that the UPA government has not squarely condemned the incident and the External Affairs minister has merely termed it as `unfortunate`," it said in a statement.
"This lukewarm attitude stems from the fact that India is engaged in military collaboration with the US and the same US Navy which fired on the Indian fishermen is constantly engaged in joint naval exercises with the Indian Navy.
"The country expects the Indian government to demand that the US naval personnel who committed this murder be arrested and put on trial.
"This is the stand which was taken in the case of the Italian naval personnel who shot and killed two Indian fishermen off the coast of Kerala."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?