Arrest US Navy personnel who killed Indian: CPI-M
New Delhi: The CPI-M Wednesday criticized the government for not squarely condemning the US Navy for killing an Indian fisherman, and demanded the arrest of the killers.
"The premeditated killing of an Indian fisherman and injuries to three others due to firing by a US naval ship within UAE waters is highly condemnable and reprehensible," the Communist Party of India-Marxist said.
"It is shocking that the UPA government has not squarely condemned the incident and the External Affairs minister has merely termed it as `unfortunate`," it said in a statement.
"This lukewarm attitude stems from the fact that India is engaged in military collaboration with the US and the same US Navy which fired on the Indian fishermen is constantly engaged in joint naval exercises with the Indian Navy.
"The country expects the Indian government to demand that the US naval personnel who committed this murder be arrested and put on trial.
"This is the stand which was taken in the case of the Italian naval personnel who shot and killed two Indian fishermen off the coast of Kerala."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Had I stayed with AB de Villiers a little longer, it would have been different: Virat Kohli
- IPL 2016: Individual awards for outstanding players
- IPL 2016 final: It was a total team effort, says SRH's captain David Warner
- MNS to file FIR against AIB comedian Tanmay Bhat’s video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar today
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000