Arunachal Pradesh minister visits Bodh Gaya
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Tourism and RWD Minister Pema Khandu visited Bodh Gaya`s Buddhist temple, which was rocked by serial blasts recently.
Pema arrived in Bodh Gaya from New Delhi on Tuesday and drove straight to all blast sites, official sources said in Itanagar on Wednesday.
After inspecting the blast sites, the young minister, son of former Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu, had a discussion with the secretaries of Bodhi Temple Management Committee and Tergar monastery.
He also held a discussion with Gaya District Magistrate and the SP of Gaya city on various security measures to be adopted for securing the temple premises and safety of pilgrims, particularly those coming from Arunachal Pradesh, which has a predominant Buddhist population, sources said.
The minister also met two monks from Tibet and Myanmar who sustained injuries in the blast and donated a sum for their treatment while wishing them speedy recovery.
Pema accompanied Lamas and Bantes (Buddhist monks) in a peace prayer organised at the temple, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’