Arunachal Pradesh minister visits Bodh Gaya
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Tourism and RWD Minister Pema Khandu visited Bodh Gaya`s Buddhist temple, which was rocked by serial blasts recently.
Pema arrived in Bodh Gaya from New Delhi on Tuesday and drove straight to all blast sites, official sources said in Itanagar on Wednesday.
After inspecting the blast sites, the young minister, son of former Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu, had a discussion with the secretaries of Bodhi Temple Management Committee and Tergar monastery.
He also held a discussion with Gaya District Magistrate and the SP of Gaya city on various security measures to be adopted for securing the temple premises and safety of pilgrims, particularly those coming from Arunachal Pradesh, which has a predominant Buddhist population, sources said.
The minister also met two monks from Tibet and Myanmar who sustained injuries in the blast and donated a sum for their treatment while wishing them speedy recovery.
Pema accompanied Lamas and Bantes (Buddhist monks) in a peace prayer organised at the temple, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday