Arunachal Pradesh minister visits Bodh Gaya
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Tourism and RWD Minister Pema Khandu visited Bodh Gaya`s Buddhist temple, which was rocked by serial blasts recently.
Pema arrived in Bodh Gaya from New Delhi on Tuesday and drove straight to all blast sites, official sources said in Itanagar on Wednesday.
After inspecting the blast sites, the young minister, son of former Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu, had a discussion with the secretaries of Bodhi Temple Management Committee and Tergar monastery.
He also held a discussion with Gaya District Magistrate and the SP of Gaya city on various security measures to be adopted for securing the temple premises and safety of pilgrims, particularly those coming from Arunachal Pradesh, which has a predominant Buddhist population, sources said.
The minister also met two monks from Tibet and Myanmar who sustained injuries in the blast and donated a sum for their treatment while wishing them speedy recovery.
Pema accompanied Lamas and Bantes (Buddhist monks) in a peace prayer organised at the temple, the sources added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed