Arvind Kejriwal blames PM for ordering lathi charge
New Delhi: Erstwhile Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday slammed Delhi Police for using force against the India Against Corruption supporters.
Addressing media and IAC supporters, Kejriwal took on the ruling party, saying: "Police didn’t act on their own. It’s the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh who gave orders to use force against the activists”.
“Today’s protest was meant to tell the people that Congress and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) are hand in glove in looting the country,” the IAC member added.
He also said that his motive was to expose the ruling government.
Assuring the IAC supporters, Kejriwal said, “Your sacrifice will not go in vain. We have voting rights and we will use it to dethrone them”.
He also appealed to the people gathered there to peacefully march back to Jantar Mantar.
Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia and Prashant Bhushan, were today detained near Congress headquarters, while they were marching towards the residence of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as part of IAC activists’ `gherao` protest against Congress and BJP on the coal block allocation issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan