Arvind Kejriwal blames PM for ordering lathi charge
New Delhi: Erstwhile Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday slammed Delhi Police for using force against the India Against Corruption supporters.
Addressing media and IAC supporters, Kejriwal took on the ruling party, saying: "Police didn’t act on their own. It’s the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh who gave orders to use force against the activists”.
“Today’s protest was meant to tell the people that Congress and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) are hand in glove in looting the country,” the IAC member added.
He also said that his motive was to expose the ruling government.
Assuring the IAC supporters, Kejriwal said, “Your sacrifice will not go in vain. We have voting rights and we will use it to dethrone them”.
He also appealed to the people gathered there to peacefully march back to Jantar Mantar.
Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia and Prashant Bhushan, were today detained near Congress headquarters, while they were marching towards the residence of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as part of IAC activists’ `gherao` protest against Congress and BJP on the coal block allocation issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation