Arvind Kejriwal condemns attack on AAP office, says ready to talk to right-wing outfit
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister and Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday condemned the attack on his party`s office in Ghaziabad`s Kaushambhi by a right-wing group.
Speaking to reporters, Kejriwal asked, “What will be achieved by attacking me or Prashant Bhushan?”
It may be noted that the Hindu Raksha Dal vandalised the AAP office and threatened to attack party leaders over Prashant Bhushan`s controversial remarks on referendum in Kashmir.
Kejriwal categorically stated that “Army deployment in Kashmir is decided by the Central government. While it is important to respect people`s view, referendum is not an option.”
“Prashant (Bhushan) has already clarified that referendum on Kashmir is not endorsed by the AAP,” Kejriwal added.
He said the group attacked party office only to keep the issue of Bhushan`s comments in the news.
“If they can solve the problem in Kashmir by harming Prashant or me, I am ready to meet them at any place and any time,” the Delhi CM said, adding, “I invite the attackers to come and have an open chat with me.”
He reiterated that he will not take security.
“I will not take security. Problem will not be solved by staying under security cover. But, I will ask volunteers; if they feel, security can be asked for office,” Kejriwal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video