Arvind Kejriwal demands immediate arrest of Salman Khurshid
New Delhi: After being released from a makeshift jail here, India Against Corruption (IAC) activist Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday continued his protest against Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid and his wife Louise at Parliament Street.
Addressing the supporters and media persons, Kejriwal demanded the government to immediately sack Salman Khurshid and arrest him along with his wife.
“Salman Khurshid should be arrested and a probe be ordered against irregularities regarding his NGO. If he remains out of jail he could pressurise the officials and even destroy all evidence that could nail him and his wife,” Kejriwal said.
Reacting to the comments that IAC members are doing politics, the vociferous Kejriwal said, “Yes we are doing politics.”
“These people are doing politics for indulging in corruption and favouring companies.”
Attacking both the Congress and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), the IAC member said, “We will tell them how to do politics and show them what is politics.”
“Both BJP and Congress are looting the country.”
Kejriwal, who along with his associated was detained yesterday for marching towards Prime Minister`s residence demanding the resignation of Salman Khurshid alleging irregularities by an NGO run by him, today thanked the people of Bawana who had arranged food for the arrested IAC supporters last night.
He also announced two slogans on behalf of his team - ‘Aam aadmi zindabaad’ and ‘Hamara neta kaisa ho, aam admi jaisa ho’.
The Delhi Police had earlier released Kejriwal and others supporters, including disabled people, who were detained at the Rajiv Gandhi Stadium in Bawana since last evening after they were picked up from Janpath during their protest.
As soon as Kejriwal came out of the makeshift jail, he said, “We will continue to protest and sit on a ‘dharna’ outside Parliament Street police station until Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid is sacked or resigns.”
Hitting out at the government Kejriwal said it is indulging in ‘dadagiri’ and is arresting and releasing people whenever it feels like.
Kejriwal sought to up the ante by calling for throwing the UPA government out of power.
The crowd yesterday was headed towards the Prime Minister`s residence demanding Khurshid`s dismissal from the Cabinet over alleged misuse of funds sanctioned for buying equipment for disabled people in different parts of Uttar Pradesh.
Rashtriya Viklang Party president KK Dixit, who was among the protesters, alleged that the NGO run by Khurshid`s wife had not properly utilised the funds allocated to it for welfare of the differently-abled.
"Khurshid and his wife`s Dr Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust were allotted Rs 71 lakh to provide cycle rickshaws to the differently-abled in Uttar Pradesh`s 16 districts. But they misused the funds as per an RTI," he alleged.
Khurshid has denied the allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla