Arvind Kejriwal launches political ‘revolution’ party
New Delhi: On a mission to change the system, Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday declared that he along with his team, is ready to plunge into politics.
“It is not a party, it is a revolution. Our politics will strengthen the revolution…Dharam Yudh has begun in the county,” he said after his team released a vision document titled ‘Swaraj ka Sankalp’. The document says it`s not a political party but a political revolution, the official name of the party will be declared on November 26.
“We will uproot the system as it is today. The idea is to change the system they are getting into politics. Whatever needs to be done will have to done within 10 days of coming to power otherwise there are forces that will prevent us,” he said.
“There is no democracy in the country, we want that the people should rule directly - an election every five years is not democracy- as per us, seeking public’s opinions before taking decisions is what democracy is,” he added.
“We are working on a model through which power will be wrested in the hands of the people and we will implement it within 10 days if we win in the upcoming Delhi Assembly polls,” Kejriwal said.
Kejriwal accused Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit of being an ‘agent’ of corporations that control electricity supply in the city state, while demanding that the state government roll back the recent hike in power and water tariff.
On apprehensions on the timing of the launch of the movement, “…some said that we should have waited but the nation is being sold. How could we have waited longer? Coal, land, forests, mountains, and even a river in Chhattisgarh have been sold. If we delay it further then India would not survive for more than 5-6 years.”
“There is no Opposition in the country. Everybody is in the government, only we are in the Opposition. We don’t know whether we will win or lose but if I don’t fight then my children will question me on why I let go a chance to change the country,” he said amid thunderous applause.
In a no hold barred attack on the political class, Kejriwal said, “Power is only for gundas…. Congress, BJP, everybody has looted the country. They say we are hungry for power, earlier when one used to fight polls he was called a desh bakht and now people say that he is hungry for power. This is not my party, this is the party of the lakhs who came to Jantar Mantar and Ramleela Maidan, and this is the party of the people of the country.”
“If Rabri Devi can be chief minister of Bihar, then the people of the country can also form their own party,” he said.
“Our country is a nation of VIPs, this VIP culture won’t be tolerated, there will only one VIP and it is the aam admi,” he said.
Setting the stage, Kejriwal said that he will make an explosive revelation on corruption by two very senior politicians on October 6 at 3 pm.
Kejriwal also said that someone recently told him that a story is going to be circulated by the Congress in the next few days that I have joined hands with them for Rs 20 crore.
Referring to the JP movement, Kejriwal said that after 30 years the nation has got another chance to change the country.
Earlier, his associate Yogendra Yadav released the vision document which says that no MP and MLA will use red light cars meant for VIPs.
The MPs and MLAs of Kejriwal`s party will also not live in government bungalows and enjoy security. The vision document also says that if the party wins, the Lokpal Bill will be brought within ten days of the elections.
Also, to maintain transparency, the vision document says all the expenditure will be put on the party`s website immediately.
At the launch, Kejriwal left it to his colleagues to refer to Hazare, who had parted ways with the Kejriwal group 13 days ago and disallowed them to use his name or photo in their campaigns. At the venue, "I am Anna" caps, which was prominent in the Team Anna agitations, gave way to "I am Aam Aadmi (common man)" caps.
Distancing himself from the political route, activist Kumar Vishwas said he will not be a member of the party and will remain apolitical.
"I am not a member of the party. If some thing goes wrong with the party, say after ten years, there should be people left to fight against it at Jantar Mantar," he said.
In an apparent reference to Hazare`s remarks that politics is "full of dirt", activist Sanjay Singh said the politics done by Mahatma Gandhi, Lal Bahadur Shastri, Jyoti Basu, EMS Namboordiripad, or Raj Narain were not so.
"Politics is not always full of dirty. It is being made so," he said.
Referring to Hazare, another activist Gopal Rai said "the objectives of the party are the dreams of the `fakir` of Ralegan Siddhi. We will make it happen." He also referred to Hazare`s remarks of extending support to Kejriwal if he contests election.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday