`Arvind Kejriwal must rise above anarchist attitude after Prez warning`
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A day after President Pranab Mukherjee in his Republic Day eve address made remarks hitting out at "populist anarchy", the opposition Bhartiya Janata Party has strongly backed his statements, saying that the President was alluding to the governance of Aam Aadmi Party.
Yesterday addressing the nation on the eve of Republic day, the President had said that populist anarchy cannot be a substitute for governance.
The President`s remarks which were apparently directed against the recent political pandemonium in Delhi, due to CM Kejriwal`s dharna, was backed by the BJP.
Warning Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal to avoid anarchy as a way of governance, BJP leader of opposition in Delhi Assembly Dr Harshvardhan said that "he must rise above his anarchist attitude for which even the President has given a warning", said the reports.
Echoing similar sentiments, BJP leader Rajnath Singh also stood by the President`s comments, saying that an anarchic mindset would break the country and hence it should not be allowed to undermine the dignity of democratic system, reported the ANI.
Similarly, BJP Delhi unit chief Vijay Goel said that people were beginning to lose hope and expectations from AAP as "because of their arrogance and pride, they (AAP) are not ready to correct their mistakes", added the reports.
NCP leader Tariq Anwar and JDU`s KC Tyagi also joined the BJP leaders in backing the President and slamming Kejriwal`s dharna.
I think Pranab ji has indirectly condemned Kejriwal`s dharna. We should learn from what President said: said Tariq Anwar.
Meanwhile AAP leader Yogendra Yadav also agreed with the President`s remarks but he said that his statements were being misinterpreted, said reports.
"The President is right, Govt isn`t a charity shop but a mechanism to help the citizens," said Yoginder Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video