Arvind Kejriwal now supports Ramdev!
New Delhi: On the last day of his agitation on Tuesday, Ramdev got surprise support of erstwhile Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal who urged people to back the yoga guru in his protest but warned him against political parties "which are neck-deep in corruption".
None of the erstwhile Team Anna members barring Kiran Bedi went to Ramlila Maidan to attend the protest as a section in Hazare camp was against any truck with Ramdev. Hazare also gave Ramdev show a miss though he had publicly assured him that he will attend the protest.
"Some people are projecting it as Swami Ramdev versus Team Anna issue. It is not that. It is corruption vs people of India. People should stand united.
"We support Swami Ramdev`s agitation and issues raised by him. Urge people to support his cause. But we caution him against parties who are expressing their support. They are neck deep in corruption and their support is mere opportunism," Kejriwal tweeted this morning.
He also alleged that the government stands exposed in their inaction against corruption and reluctance to talk to people of this country.
Kejriwal`s remarks came just hours ahead of Ramdev ending his six-day fast on blackmoney issue.
Team Anna had attacked Ramdev earlier this month during their protest after the yoga guru shared dais with Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Earlier, when asked whether Team Anna members would go to Ramdev`s protests, Kejriwal had said they had not received any invitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state