Arvind Kejriwal to launch political party on Monday
New Delhi: Politician-activist Arvind Kejriwal has said he will launch his political party here Monday.
Replying to queries on the Aap Ki Adalat TV show, Kejriwal invited people to join his party in large numbers.
"Presently our experts are working on 30 different subjects to prepare a framework for the proposed political party. We will invite people`s views on the draft framework soon," he said.
Kejriwal was noncommittal about contesting the forthcoming elections in Delhi, an India TV statement Friday said.
His first reaction was "I won`t contest". He then corrected himself saying: "I don`t know whether I will contest or not. My party will contest the elections."
When Rajat Sharma asked him why he did not take his allegations to a logical conclusion, Kejriwal replied: "Neither am I the director of CBI, nor the chief justice, nor the prime minister, how can I investigate?
"The courts do not investigate, the courts hear cases, it`s the CBI which investigates, and the CBI acts under the government`s directions.
"Even (my colleague) Prashant Bhushan who used to approach the courts has stopped doing that."
The anti-corruption activist said that although it had existed for 50 years, the CBI had managed to send only three big politicians to prison -- Narbahadur Bhandari, Sukh Ram and Bangaru Laxman.
"It`s not that the CBI doesn`t have competent officers but they are not allowed to work due to political interference. Has anybody the courage to order the CBI to probe Robert Vadra?" Kejriwal asked.
Asked about the probes done into scams under the court`s supervision, Kejriwal said: "Suresh Kalmadi was sent to jail, and he soon came out on bail, because the CBI did not oppose his bail application. Then what can the judge do?"
Kejriwal said he was ready to face defamation cases if his disclosures about offshore accounts in HSBC Geneva branch were found to be false.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- African nationals targetted: Delhi cops arrest five persons, detain four others
- Will not bow to labour reform protestors: French PM Manuel Valls
- Former Punjab CM Beant Singh's grandson shoots himself, dies
- Photo alert! First look of Dwayne Johnson from 'Fast & Furious 8'!
- Celebs slam AIB's Tanmay Bhat for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar! – Details inside