Asaram’s son Narayan Sai untraceable, lookout notice issued
Zee Media Bureau
Surat: A day after fresh sexual assault complaints were registered against controversial self-styled godman Asaram Bapu and his son Narayan Sai, the Surat Police on Monday issued a lookout notice against Sai.
The lookout notice was issued as the police fear that Narayan Sai may escape abroad, reports said.
Fresh charges were filed against the controversial godman and his son after two sisters accused the duo of abusing them.
Asaram, 75, was arrested in August on charges of sexually assaulting a minor girl and has been in prison at Jodhpur in Rajasthan since then.
Narayan Sai has been booked for sexual assault, illegal confinement and other charges.
The complaint against Narayan Sai has been registered at Jhangirpura police station in Surat, while the one against his father Asaram has been transferred to Ahmedabad as the alleged incident happened there.
The older sister in her complaint is understood to have accused Asaram of sexual assault, while the younger one filed a complaint against his son. The incidents reportedly happened between 2001 and 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband