Attack on Sarabjit Singh un-Islamic: Ajmer Sharif head
Jaipur: The brutal assault on Sarabjit Singh in a Pakistani jail was an un-Islamic act and such incidents could create a negative atmosphere for the minority community in India, the spiritual head of Ajmer Sharif Dargah said on Sunday.
"The attack on Sarabjit by fellow inmates is an un-Islamic act in an Islamic country...Such incidents can create a negative atmosphere for the minority community in India," Dargah Diwan Zainul Abedin Ali Khan told media in Ajmer.
Ali, who had boycotted the Ajmer Dargah visit of Pakistan`s then Prime Minister Raja Parvez Ashraf in March over the brutal killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistani Army at LoC, also demanded that the government address such issues effectively.
"The Government should modify and strengthen its foreign policy to address such issues effectively," he said.
Ali suspected Pakistan`s Inter Service Intelligence (ISI) of carrying out the attack on Sarabjit to avenge the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
"It may be a conspiracy of ISI to revenge the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru," Ali said.
He also condemned Uttar Pradesh Minister Azam Khan`s detention at Boston airport and said the Indian government should lodge a strong protest with the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video