Author of fake Narendra Modi video apologises to Amitabh Bachchan
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The author of a controversial video posted on YouTube that showed Amitabh Bachchan praising Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and endorsing him as the next Prime Minister of India has apologized to the Bollywood superstar on Thursday.
Utpal Jeevrajani, the person who uploaded the fake video on the YouTube said, “I apologise for uploading that, will delete it.”
However in his defence, Jeevrajani said, “I am a music director of Gujarati films. I am also a fan of Modi. I am part of a group on WhatsApp but don`t know who sent it (the video) to me.”
Speaking to a news channel, the Rajkot resident further said, “I haven’t made the video nor have I edited it. I received it on WhatsApp so I uploaded it. ”
“I apologise for uploading the video, will delete it immediately,” Utpal Jeevrajani said reassuring further.
The apology from Jeevrajani came shortly megastar Amitabh Bachchan cried foul over the ‘Modi campaign video’ and called it fake.
The superstar tweeted: "FAKE !! FAKE !! FAKE !!! APPALLED AND ANGERED BY THIS ILLEGAL ACT ON ME .. PUTTING IT UP NOW, DO READ AND SEE AND CONDEMN .. !!!"
Giving his side of the story, Bachchan, who is the brand ambassador of Gujarat Tourism, said that a voiceover done by him in 2007 was used and some visuals were added to make it seem that he was praising the BJP leader.
"DEAR ALL ... FAKE VIDEO CIRCULATION .. In the year 2007, I did a `Lead India` campaign for the The Times of India, where we talked of the glorification of the country and India! SOMEBODY has made a fake video by using my voice and text of what I spoke in the original, and falsely and mischievously, interspersed it with visuals which indicate a campaign for the promotion of the Hon Chief Minister of Gujarat, Shri Narendra Modi !!" Bachchan wrote.
"I wish to state that this is an illegal act, inviting strong action, one that I am appalled by, and one that has no concurrence from me at all. I have brought this to the notice of the concerned authorities, and asked my Digital Team to find out its origin so that we can initiate action against the perpetrator," he added.
"This is a blatant misuse and infringement of the Copyright Act, and needs to be condemned by all those that become a part of this platform. Infuriated and angered !!"
Coming to Bachchan’s defence, Modi today morning tweeted: "Agree with @SrBachchan . The author of the fake video should take action immediately and apologize to Amitabh ji."
However, the controversy gave another chance to his political opponents to hit back on him.
In his reaction to the incident, Congress leader Digvijay Singh tweeted, “This again shows how Narendra Modi`s supporters & campaigners indulge in false propaganda.”
Union Minister Rajiv Shukla also commented on Amitabh Bachchan`s fake video by saying, “Shocked that Narendra Modi`s supporters can go to any extent-Congress.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes