Author of fake Narendra Modi video apologises to Amitabh Bachchan
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The author of a controversial video posted on YouTube that showed Amitabh Bachchan praising Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and endorsing him as the next Prime Minister of India has apologized to the Bollywood superstar on Thursday.
Utpal Jeevrajani, the person who uploaded the fake video on the YouTube said, “I apologise for uploading that, will delete it.”
However in his defence, Jeevrajani said, “I am a music director of Gujarati films. I am also a fan of Modi. I am part of a group on WhatsApp but don`t know who sent it (the video) to me.”
Speaking to a news channel, the Rajkot resident further said, “I haven’t made the video nor have I edited it. I received it on WhatsApp so I uploaded it. ”
“I apologise for uploading the video, will delete it immediately,” Utpal Jeevrajani said reassuring further.
The apology from Jeevrajani came shortly megastar Amitabh Bachchan cried foul over the ‘Modi campaign video’ and called it fake.
The superstar tweeted: "FAKE !! FAKE !! FAKE !!! APPALLED AND ANGERED BY THIS ILLEGAL ACT ON ME .. PUTTING IT UP NOW, DO READ AND SEE AND CONDEMN .. !!!"
Giving his side of the story, Bachchan, who is the brand ambassador of Gujarat Tourism, said that a voiceover done by him in 2007 was used and some visuals were added to make it seem that he was praising the BJP leader.
"DEAR ALL ... FAKE VIDEO CIRCULATION .. In the year 2007, I did a `Lead India` campaign for the The Times of India, where we talked of the glorification of the country and India! SOMEBODY has made a fake video by using my voice and text of what I spoke in the original, and falsely and mischievously, interspersed it with visuals which indicate a campaign for the promotion of the Hon Chief Minister of Gujarat, Shri Narendra Modi !!" Bachchan wrote.
"I wish to state that this is an illegal act, inviting strong action, one that I am appalled by, and one that has no concurrence from me at all. I have brought this to the notice of the concerned authorities, and asked my Digital Team to find out its origin so that we can initiate action against the perpetrator," he added.
"This is a blatant misuse and infringement of the Copyright Act, and needs to be condemned by all those that become a part of this platform. Infuriated and angered !!"
Coming to Bachchan’s defence, Modi today morning tweeted: "Agree with @SrBachchan . The author of the fake video should take action immediately and apologize to Amitabh ji."
However, the controversy gave another chance to his political opponents to hit back on him.
In his reaction to the incident, Congress leader Digvijay Singh tweeted, “This again shows how Narendra Modi`s supporters & campaigners indulge in false propaganda.”
Union Minister Rajiv Shukla also commented on Amitabh Bachchan`s fake video by saying, “Shocked that Narendra Modi`s supporters can go to any extent-Congress.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'