Ban RSS, BJP if we are terrorists: Rajnath dares Shinde
New Delhi: In a scathing attack on Sushilkumar Shinde over his "Hindu terror" remarks, BJP president Rajnath Singh has said the Home Minister had hurt India’s image by his comments and dared him to ban the RSS and BJP and arrest all their leaders if there was any evidence against these organisations.
Questioning the silence of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi over the remarks, the BJP chief made it clear that his party will continue its "oust-Shinde" campaign even in the Budget Session of Parliament expected to begin in the third week of next month.
"If, as Home Minister, you think that the RSS and BJP are churning out terrorists, then we have also attended such training camps. Are we also terrorists? Do you consider us terrorists? Then put us also in jail," Singh told PTI in an interview while reacting sharply to Shinde’s comments.
In a poser to the Home Minister, the BJP leader said, "If you consider the RSS and BJP to be terrorist organizations, why don’t you ban them? If you have evidence against them, why don’t you reveal that evidence?"
At the Congress Chintan Shivir in Jaipur recently, Shinde had accused the RSS and BJP of promoting terrorists at their training camps.
Singh alleged that Shinde had made the comments because of vote-bank politics.
Asked about Home Secretary R K Singh citing certain names in connection with the bombings in support of "Hindu terror" remarks of Shinde, Singh said the RSS is a big organization and someone may have sometimes attended a camp.
"That doesn’t mean the entire organization is a terrorist organization. It is possible that such a person may have been associated in the past with the Congress also. The law should take its course against those held guilty. But the whole organization should not be held responsible for isolated acts of a few. Even in a family when someone commits a crime, you don?t call the entire family criminal," the BJP chief said.
Noting that Jamaat-ud Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed had utilized Shinde?s remarks to target India, he said it was unfortunate that the comments of Indian Home Minister is being supported by the head of a terrorist organization in Pakistan and the Government is maintaining silence.
"Hafiz Saeed, who heads the JUD, has tried to tell the whole world that India is a terrorist state. Hasn’t India’s image suffered a setback at the international level?" Rajnath Singh said as he termed the "silence" of the Prime Minister and Sonia Gandhi as "unfortunate".
"We have asked the PM to express regret over Shinde’s statement and withdraw it. He and Sonia Gandhi have maintained silence. If the PM cannot speak up when the reputation of the country is on the line, then when will he speak? And if Congress President doesn’t react to an issue concerning India?s image, then when will she react?? Rajnath Singh asked.
He said agencies of the whole world are saying that LeT and other terrorist organizations were behind the Mecca Masjid and Ajmer blasts but the Indian Home Hinister is saying that the RSS and BJP are behind these.
"Home Minister’s statement which has dimmed India’s global reputation has been made solely with vote bank politics in mind. The Congress is not concerned if such remarks dent country’s reputation and its image globally. They are concerned with only one thing somehow they should retain power. They are playing vote bank politics," he said.
Contending that the remarks reflected Congress’ "desperation", the BJP chief said politics should not be played just because they want their government to be formed again as the actual role of a political party is nation building.
Asked what options the BJP had on the issue, Singh said the party would raise the matter prominently both outside and inside Parliament during the forthcoming session.
"We don’t want to disrupt parliamentary proceedings. But we will confront the Government on this issue of national pride, and corruption. The responsibility of running Parliament smoothly lies with the ruling party. The opposition parties, acting as watchdogs on the Government, expect that the questions they raise related to country’s reputation are answered satisfactorily," he said.
Accusing the Home Minister of undermining national pride with his remarks, Singh said, "It is very unfortunate. What will happen if our PM and ruling party chairperson do not speak on issues concerning national pride."
Singh said not just the Hindus but nationalist Muslims had also criticised Shinde’s remarks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'