Bangladesh-India joint military exercise begins
Dhaka: A 14-day-long Bangladesh-India joint military exercise, aimed at building camaraderie between the two Armies, started on Sunday, the authorities said.
The drill began at Jalalabad Cantonment in Sylhet division, some 240 km northeast of capital Dhaka.
According to a release of the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) of the Bangladesh Army, "Exercise Unity-2" will continue till October 22.
A 25-member Indian Army delegation led by Major SY Mahadik is participating in the exercise, Xinhua reported.
The Indian Army team will leave the country on October 23.
"Exercise Unity-1" was held at Jorhat in the Indian state of Assam from November 1 to 15 last year in which a 25-member Bangladesh Army team took part.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DU stops sale, distribution of book referring to Bhagat Singh as terrorist
- Bring details of degrees earned by PM Modi, CIC tells Delhi University
- 41 soldiers killed in Siachen since 2013: Govt
- Facebook troublemakers can give you tough time online!
- Congress accuses BJP of adopting double standards over tricolour in NIT Srinagar