Bangladesh-India joint military exercise begins
Dhaka: A 14-day-long Bangladesh-India joint military exercise, aimed at building camaraderie between the two Armies, started on Sunday, the authorities said.
The drill began at Jalalabad Cantonment in Sylhet division, some 240 km northeast of capital Dhaka.
According to a release of the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) of the Bangladesh Army, "Exercise Unity-2" will continue till October 22.
A 25-member Indian Army delegation led by Major SY Mahadik is participating in the exercise, Xinhua reported.
The Indian Army team will leave the country on October 23.
"Exercise Unity-1" was held at Jorhat in the Indian state of Assam from November 1 to 15 last year in which a 25-member Bangladesh Army team took part.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read