Bangladeshi woman sentenced to two months for illegally entering India
Morigaon (Assam): A local court here on Monday sentenced a Bangladeshi woman to two months imprisonment for illegally entering the country in Assam`s Morigaon district.
Morigaon Chief Judicial Magistrate P R Bora sentenced 30-year old Rashida Begum to two months imprisonment under Section 12 of the Indian Passport Act.
Begum, who hails from Sundra Village of Bangladesh`s Comilla district, had entered the country illegally through Karimganj district along the Indo-Bangla border.
She was identified as a Bangladeshi at Jagiroad in Morigaon district by members of the local unit of All Assam Students` Union (AASU) and was handed over to the police.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case