Bangladeshi woman sentenced to two months for illegally entering India
Morigaon (Assam): A local court here on Monday sentenced a Bangladeshi woman to two months imprisonment for illegally entering the country in Assam`s Morigaon district.
Morigaon Chief Judicial Magistrate P R Bora sentenced 30-year old Rashida Begum to two months imprisonment under Section 12 of the Indian Passport Act.
Begum, who hails from Sundra Village of Bangladesh`s Comilla district, had entered the country illegally through Karimganj district along the Indo-Bangla border.
She was identified as a Bangladeshi at Jagiroad in Morigaon district by members of the local unit of All Assam Students` Union (AASU) and was handed over to the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet