Bangladeshi woman sentenced to two months for illegally entering India
Morigaon (Assam): A local court here on Monday sentenced a Bangladeshi woman to two months imprisonment for illegally entering the country in Assam`s Morigaon district.
Morigaon Chief Judicial Magistrate P R Bora sentenced 30-year old Rashida Begum to two months imprisonment under Section 12 of the Indian Passport Act.
Begum, who hails from Sundra Village of Bangladesh`s Comilla district, had entered the country illegally through Karimganj district along the Indo-Bangla border.
She was identified as a Bangladeshi at Jagiroad in Morigaon district by members of the local unit of All Assam Students` Union (AASU) and was handed over to the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata