Bangladeshi woman sentenced to two months for illegally entering India
Morigaon (Assam): A local court here on Monday sentenced a Bangladeshi woman to two months imprisonment for illegally entering the country in Assam`s Morigaon district.
Morigaon Chief Judicial Magistrate P R Bora sentenced 30-year old Rashida Begum to two months imprisonment under Section 12 of the Indian Passport Act.
Begum, who hails from Sundra Village of Bangladesh`s Comilla district, had entered the country illegally through Karimganj district along the Indo-Bangla border.
She was identified as a Bangladeshi at Jagiroad in Morigaon district by members of the local unit of All Assam Students` Union (AASU) and was handed over to the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'
- 'Chikungunya cases highest this year since 2006'
- Umbilical cells linked to increase risk of obesity: Study