Bangladeshi woman sentenced to two months for illegally entering India
Morigaon (Assam): A local court here on Monday sentenced a Bangladeshi woman to two months imprisonment for illegally entering the country in Assam`s Morigaon district.
Morigaon Chief Judicial Magistrate P R Bora sentenced 30-year old Rashida Begum to two months imprisonment under Section 12 of the Indian Passport Act.
Begum, who hails from Sundra Village of Bangladesh`s Comilla district, had entered the country illegally through Karimganj district along the Indo-Bangla border.
She was identified as a Bangladeshi at Jagiroad in Morigaon district by members of the local unit of All Assam Students` Union (AASU) and was handed over to the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad