Be ready for `new forms of terrorism`: RPN Singh to CISF
Hyderabad: Union Minister of State for Home RPN Singh on Friday said Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel should be prepared to deal with emerging challenges posed by new forms of terrorism and militancy.
"You provide security and protection to industries operating in challenging areas. You are not just a uniformed force, but also a catalyst for economic growth of our country," Singh said in his address after reviewing the passing out parade of the 38th batch of sub-inspectors of CISF at the National Industrial Security Academy at Hakimpet here.
Exhorting the trainee officers to prepare themselves to effectively meet "the emerging challenges posed by new forms of terrorism and militancy", he also asked them to exhibit "highest level of politeness and courtesy" in their interactions with public.
Lauding the growing role of CISF in changing security scenario, he said, "It is a measure of the trust reposed in CISF that it has been given various specialised security tasks, from security of airports to security of private sector enterprises."
CISF Director General Rajiv spoke about the expanding role of CISF. A total of 697 Sub-Inspectors/Executives passed out today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?