Before resignation, Advani attends Parliamentary panel meeting
New Delhi: BJP patriarch LK Advani, who had skipped the Goa conclave of his party citing health reasons on Monday attended a meeting of Parliamentary Standing Committee of Home Affairs, raising many eyebrows.
Advani was in the meeting presided by another party leader M Venkaiah Naidu for almost an hour, a member of the panel said, adding that the BJP veteran did not speak at the meeting.
The meeting lasted for some three hours as the Committee discussed the problems facing the North East development.
Advani attended the meeting before submitting his resignation from the party`s key posts to BJP President Rajnath Singh.
The 85-year-old leader had skipped the three-day deliberations of the party at Goa that saw the anointment of Narendra Modi as BJP`s Election Committee chief.
Advani, a founder member of BJP and considered the party patriarch after Atal Bihari Vajpayee, resigned today from all main fora of the party -- Parliamentary Board, National Executive and Election Committee.
In his resignation letter to Singh, he rued that most of the BJP leaders are concerned just with their "personal agenda" and that he was finding it difficult to reconcile with either the functioning of the party or the direction in which it is going.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details