Beni Prasad Verma calls Narendra Modi ‘mad dog’
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: After unleashing verbal attacks on BJP campaign spearhead and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in the recent past, Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma on Sunday termed him as a ‘mad dog’.
"Loktantra ke mandir ko kisi pagal kutte sey pradushit na hone dey. Yeh janata ka farz hai. (It is the responsibility of country`s people for not letting any mad dog to pollute the temple of democracy)," said Beni a day after Narendra Modi`s puppy analogy while commenting on 2002 Gujarat riots created a political storm.
Pointing out that all opposition parties had condemned the Modi`s remarks, Beni said, "Both the communities (Hindus and Muslims) have given sacrifices for the country`s freedom... Contribution by any community cannot be undermined."
Yesterday, while attacking Modi`s remarks, Beni had termed him a leader with a "narrow mentality", and alleged that the Gujarat Chief Minister is nothing but a "trader of votes".
While reiterating his opinion on Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s leadership qualities, the Union Minister had said that country`s future will be secured in the hands of leaders like him.
“Rahul Gandhi is set to become country`s Prime Minister after next year`s general elections,” he asserted.
While indirectly pointing towards Amit Shah, Beni also alleged that Modi has relations with the persons who are facing allegations of committing atrocities against minorities.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference