Beni Prasad Verma calls Narendra Modi ‘mad dog’
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: After unleashing verbal attacks on BJP campaign spearhead and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in the recent past, Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma on Sunday termed him as a ‘mad dog’.
"Loktantra ke mandir ko kisi pagal kutte sey pradushit na hone dey. Yeh janata ka farz hai. (It is the responsibility of country`s people for not letting any mad dog to pollute the temple of democracy)," said Beni a day after Narendra Modi`s puppy analogy while commenting on 2002 Gujarat riots created a political storm.
Pointing out that all opposition parties had condemned the Modi`s remarks, Beni said, "Both the communities (Hindus and Muslims) have given sacrifices for the country`s freedom... Contribution by any community cannot be undermined."
Yesterday, while attacking Modi`s remarks, Beni had termed him a leader with a "narrow mentality", and alleged that the Gujarat Chief Minister is nothing but a "trader of votes".
While reiterating his opinion on Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s leadership qualities, the Union Minister had said that country`s future will be secured in the hands of leaders like him.
“Rahul Gandhi is set to become country`s Prime Minister after next year`s general elections,” he asserted.
While indirectly pointing towards Amit Shah, Beni also alleged that Modi has relations with the persons who are facing allegations of committing atrocities against minorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere